Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are just doing subs, just tap into the rear channels, and don't actually cut any of the speaker wires.
[/b]
alright thanks man i was thinking of doing that but i wasnt sure if it was gonna work

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Also tapping into the rear speaker wires allows control over the sub through the fader control.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok, i do this for a living and if you do this, i can take audio power from the rear speakers but what you REALLY want to do is make sure that u have a CD player that has a red audio connector and a white audio connector on the back of the CD player or head unit you are using. If you do then go to the store and buy 2 RCA cables and MAKE SURE THEY ARE DUAL MALE END CABLES. and then plug them into your head unit and run them down the other side of the car than your power chord. and then plug them into your amp. you dont NEED to make sure you get left channel to left channel and right channel to right channel... it VERY RARELY makes a difference. but i mean it makes ME feel better when i do it beause then i know it is done right.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
QUOTE (E-Payne @ Apr 23 2009, 04:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720023
Ok, i do this for a living and if you do this, i can take audio power from the rear speakers but what you REALLY want to do is make sure that u have a CD player that has a red audio connector and a white audio connector on the back of the CD player or head unit you are using. If you do then go to the store and buy 2 RCA cables and MAKE SURE THEY ARE DUAL MALE END CABLES. and then plug them into your head unit and run them down the other side of the car than your power chord. and then plug them into your amp. you dont NEED to make sure you get left channel to left channel and right channel to right channel... it VERY RARELY makes a difference. but i mean it makes ME feel better when i do it beause then i know it is done right.[/b]
Way to wake up an old thead, but I digress.

Just like I said in the other thread where you were a know-all, is there ANY mention of an aftermarket deck with RCA output?

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok...haha funny i found this thing i actually just did my sound system in my car i love it very simple im not sure if this will help at all but i hooked up my amp the way it should be (i.e. power is correct ground is correct n so on...) i hooked my speakers up to the cd player through the back just like u would without a amp and ya like whats his name said i also ran rca cords but i actually bought amp rca cords dont just trudt any of em... n e ways my amp is in the trunk hooked with rca to cd player the only thing i ran from my amp is my sub one 12" jvc from wallmart its actually really nice for the price so thr u go dnt know how much help tht was if any but ya simple...speakers to cdplayer-cdplayer to amp-amp to sub let me know if it helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts