Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finaly got around to doing the garage door seal lip on my sable it was dark out so i dont know for sure yet if i am going to be totaly happy with it anyway i got to be up at 6 so here are the pics i will add more info tomorrow

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Good ole garage door seal. Looks great, my chestnut Sable counterpart. I look forward to some cleaned up daytime shots. :thumb:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have never seen that one before...

Does it actually stay on the car when driving at normally speeds?
Or going through snow, rain, etc.?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just did this too. And yes, stays on great as long as it's fixed to the bumper properly.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright just got back from school. i cant remember where i saw this at but it is definatly a cheaper alternative to the mach chin spoiler. it is just a garage door seal it is made of a rubber foam and is very tough it is designed to withstand the elements and should not easily tear or rot. it can be had for about 12 bucks for a big roll i still have a bunch left from doing the sable so i may do something on the contour with the rest. i still had a bunch of screws from my old gen 1 when i stripped it down so i used those and it was too late to go buy washers so i used pennies and just drilled holes through them they were the perfect size (they are also cheaper than buying washers lol). just start on one end and go around the bumper making sure you have the screws close enough together so that the strip does not sag significantly. a tip for you guys is that i used a straight pick with a sharp tip to start my holes it made it much easier. now mine you can tell exactly where the screws are because it sags a tiney bit in between but i think if i get out the staple gun for in between the screws it will look alot better i will let you guys know how that goes when i get around to it lol. i will get pics up in a little bit i am going to go take some now but i am not promising a clean car lol

edit: i forgot to mention that the gen 4 sable (and maybe taurus) have a body line on the bottom of the bumper that is perfect to use as a guidline

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok here they are!

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
im doing mine this week, i cracked up my old bumper, so i got a new one off ebay that actually looks perfect, and i got that garage door stuff in my garage so i just gotta get around to doing it. im also going to add mesh behind the lower valence in the bumper you should do that on yours

·
Registered
19 Posts
:hmm: :headscratch: Will this work on a Gen III Taurus ? ?

12 bucks is alot easier to slide by the wife than the Mach 1 chin splitter I was going to order...

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Looks cool. Can you take some close ups of the actual material you used and how it's attached (placement, not the screws)

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i took a couple pics not exactly sure what you meant on the second part but here they are i hope they help!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Yep, those pictures were exactly what I was looking for :D

I was just trying to get a better idea of what the door seal thing looked like and how it was attached. I knew what they were, but I've never seen one other than in magazines.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i think it looks pretty good considering it is a cheaper version of a mach chin spoiler. i LOL at the fact that you used pennies, be careful where you go you never know if some guy wants them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sable23's IS a gen IV. And I already said I did it myself, on MY gen IV. Maybe reading the thread will help next time.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts