Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the entire breakdown of what happened

[20:38] * sefertb ([email protected]) has joined #tcca
[20:39] <sefertb> anyone know where the fm antenna connects to the radio in an 04 taurus
[20:40] <Aaron> is the antenna attached to the trunk area of the car
[20:41] <sefertb> the reason i ask is because i bought a harmon kardonidrive and am going to use fm modulation and i need to know where theantenna comes into the system
[20:42] <Aaron> I don't know what fm modulation is but, why would you not want the radio to work
[20:42] <Aaron> hook it up through via the CD changer if you have one, anduse the standard controls
[20:42] <sefertb> maybe i'll try that
[20:42] * sefertb ([email protected]) has left #tcca

he left before I could mention that I knew nothing about 4th gens and just using my experience with my Ipod adapter (which didn't work because I wasn't sent the additional wires that I needed), and throwing stuff against the wall, and hoping it sticks.

Did I give good advice or should I try and find him on the forums and tell him not to disconnect his CD changer.

and if somebody could tell me what FM modulation is that would also be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
heres the entire breakdown of what happened

[20:38] * sefertb ([email protected]) has joined #tcca
[20:39] <sefertb> anyone know where the fm antenna connects to the radio in an 04 taurus
[20:40] <Aaron> is the antenna attached to the trunk area of the car
[20:41] <sefertb> the reason i ask is because i bought a harmon kardonidrive and am going to use fm modulation and i need to know where theantenna comes into the system
[20:42] <Aaron> I don't know what fm modulation is but, why would you not want the radio to work
[20:42] <Aaron> hook it up through via the CD changer if you have one, anduse the standard controls
[20:42] <sefertb> maybe i'll try that
[20:42] * sefertb ([email protected]) has left #tcca

he left before I could mention that I knew nothing about 4th gens and just using my experience with my Ipod adapter (which didn't work because I wasn't sent the additional wires that I needed), and throwing stuff against the wall, and hoping it sticks.

Did I give good advice or should I try and find him on the forums and tell him not to disconnect his CD changer.

and if somebody could tell me what FM modulation is that would also be appreciated. [/b]
FM modulation is a device outputting a FM signal that can be selected on a particular station. The better FM modulators install inline with the antenna wire. I have one for the audio on my LCD, it has a much better quality than say an IPOD adapter that puts out a radio station. He does not need to disconnect the CD changer.

You can find his most recent post by checking my recent posts, he just asked the same question in a topic posted in audio-etc which I replied to.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can find his most recent post by checking my recent posts, he just asked the same question in a topic posted in audio-etc which I replied to.
[/b]
I noticed that, looks like he got my answer before he got yours, but both are right, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts