Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SHO waiting to be unleashed right here. This one's been listed on ebay I think three times already...I've talked to the owner - 3.0l crate engine bored 122 over, balanced and blue printed by SHO Shop (has 30k miles on it), Quaife, SFC's, SFB's front and back, tranny recently rebuilt with Lightweight flywheel & Hi-Revs Clutch, 190lph fuel Pump, Konis, Eibachs, 26mm rear sway (suspension, tranny rebuild, LSD, clutch, has 4k on it), other stuff in the auction - all documented with receipts, mostly from SHO Shop. This thing is one rolling catalog of SS parts IMHO.

The owner wants 4k for it. The only thing is that it has are rod bearings that are going bad, and it has been on blocks for 3 years. So, freshen it up, change the rod bearings, change the fluids, have it checked and you have one mean SHO on your hands. I'll get more info about the rod bearings as that is what concerns me the most about this car...

The engine and parts alone are worth more than the 4k he wants for it, so someone please get this car...part it out, fix it up, whatever. I'd hate to see this thing go somewhere where it can't be respected ;)

S

·
0 Posts
It sounds a little tempting.. but I'm not about to buy a car that has to be torn apart and put back together. Besides, I don't like buying cars that have been worked on and messed with..I say buy stock and do the modding yourself. that's just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I hate that painted dash. Its really ugly.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Bad rod bearings in a 30k old SHOSHOP motor? On blocks for 3 years? :ph34r:

My motor has 163,000 miles, and it's rod bearings are fine. Just sayin... <_<

B

·
0 Posts
Key words are SHOSHOP, and engine. Not a good combo. :lol: Really though, that crate engine cost over 3k new, so in all it's not a bad deal.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
That's an awesome car though, regardless of what happened with the rod bearings. I would love to get a car like that to have as a secondary...

Hopefully it'll go to a good home...

JR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts