Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, first why isnt there a performance thread? here guys want repair info and things like that cant us performance enthusiasts have our on section to discuss random performance mods without having to sift through the repair stuff?
and on that note, what can i cull from my wire harness without wiggin out my electrical system? the mopar wiring diagrams are easy to find along with lists of what can and cant be removed without adversely effecting other systems.
i haven't checked in on my down stream O2s in a while... since i dont have any anymore...... my ECM is still reading them! the voltage fluctuates a lot and i was wondering if this may be effecting my fuel trims? ill post them next time a log my sensors but my LTFTs +20 something and STFTs are ranging from +13 to +16.5.
any ideas on any of this?

·
Registered
233 Posts
So... would this be a performance topic, or a repair topic?

I'd guess vac leak or exhaust leak. The downstream sensors only monitor the effectiveness of the cat; they have no input on fuel trims.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that particular question would just be an oddity.... i don't have any down stream O2s. yet the EEC is still reading some voltage from them.... but they aren't there. im starting to wonder if its having ghost pains like an amputee. i cut the sensors out now it still feels them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and the topic of the thread is basically ... why isnt there a performance specific forum? it would cut down on the searches and miscommunications.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
that particular question would just be an oddity.... i don't have any down stream O2s. yet the EEC is still reading some voltage from them.... but they aren't there. im starting to wonder if its having ghost pains like an amputee. i cut the sensors out now it still feels them.
Unless you tel lthe CPU to not look for them it will still look for them. Cutting them out does not eliminate them. Unless you have removed cats it wont do much for you. Even then you loose low for removing them.

and the topic of the thread is basically ... why isnt there a performance specific forum? it would cut down on the searches and miscommunications.
That is what the engine and drivetrain section is for. There is a separate maintenance section.

·
Registered
198 Posts
There are plent of "sticky's" that deal with and outline performance on this forum - If you really are interested in performance on this forum, research who has done certain things you need to acomplish on your car and ask questions. In 2005-2007 when I built the GL there were probably 10 guys on this forum and on the RPS forum that I bounced things off of and asked for thier help. I appreciated thier input and the wisdom that comes only from experiance. There are many guys here that live, eat and sleep slo and sho - loudsho, shocontinental and many others have years of experiance with sho's and slo's and are a huge asset to you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think the main thing is that people don't read. The description of the Engine and Drivetrain subforum is "Modifications to the Gen 1-4 engine, transmission, and any other part of the drivetrain, as well as EEC tuning and chips, are discussed here."

The maintenance subforum is for maintenance and repair. People just log in, see Engine and Drivetrain and think "ooo, that's where my clicking sound is coming from!" and post. I've posted a few engine-related maintenance items in the past as well, because this is where the engine people hang out.

The intent from the beginning seems to be as you described, but I don't think we'll be getting back on track anytime soon. I wish our layout was a little more like sho forum.

Sorry for the rant, but I get preachy in the mornings.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that answers that. and i can under stand the eec still looking for the downs treams, but that doesnt explain how its getting a reading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts