Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2000 Gen 4 with pretty much every option from the factory. I've owned the car since 2000 but haven't really done any mods because I was waiting for the warranty to run out and various other reasons.

In any case, I'd like to do a few things to tide me over until I buy my next car.

If anyone could be kind enough to provide me where I could find the following I would greatly appreciate it. A weblink or any info you can provide would be awesome.

1. Smoked Front Lense covers, like those on the 100th Anniversary Taurus

2. Clear EuroStyle TailLights, I saw one member with a Black SE who has these and they look great, where can you get them?

3. Body colored front spar or emblem, (the chrome piece in the middle of the grill) I would like to buy the version that is used on the sport models. (I'm not confident enough to paint it myself)

4. This isn't really a mod but I am in desperate need of new bolt covers for my wheels, I have the machined alumnium 5 spoke wheel but it appears the nut cover is made of plastic and with the crappy water here they have gone bad. Where can I find these?

Thanks for any help you can provide, this is a great site.

- Mark

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Hi Mark, welcome to the :tcca:, #1 most addictive site known to hamsters and small children. :lol:

To answer your questions:

1.) Dealerships, junkyards, and possibly eBay. They are a fairly recent addition to the Taurus parts bin, so they will either be scarce or pricy.

2.) These are all over eBay, I'm sure Sarah will jump in with specifics soon.

3.) These spears should be easier to find, but refer to "1.)". This is a pretty easy piece to paint though, you may want to get a chrome one from a junkyard, scuff it, and paint it first.

4.) There are tons of these in parts yards for cheap, call around your area.

Hope this helps! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts