Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am tryn 2 hook up a 1000 watt sub wit a 760 amp into the back of a 1996 LX Ford Taurus.BUT i have seen mor Wires and colors then in a crayon box!!!!

i went to car toys yesterday and told me 2 get a RCA converter..i did that the ish still dont work. I went back to there and they seid 2 hook it up 2 the amp (20 more wires going 2 there). So i try to tap in to the 2 big wires that head in to the Stock sub. Now i dont have a radioWTF. some 1 PLZ HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
here's what i did.

1 power wire (constant, w/ inline fuse) from battery to power on amp
1 wire (switchable power) from power on deck to switchable power on amp
2 wires, 1 to left pos., 1 to left neg. rear speaker, both to the amps speaker input.
1 ground wire to body of car to the amps ground connection.
2 wires, to pos./neg. of sub to the amps speaker output.

set the amp to left channel, bridged the speakers (its a 4-channel amp), and turned on the boom.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Perry is right. Run wires from your rear speakers over to the amp's speaker level in, or to your RCA converter, whichever you want to use (though speaker level input is often much better than crappy lineout converters). Better not to mess with any of the stock wiring unless you know for sure what goes where.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also i am running my factory deak.i have try to tap in to the rear speakers but nothing .plez help me wit the lingo(newb)
thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
This image was posted on here before, its the harnesses for the radio control unit. I'm guessing the cassette wires are the ones you would want to tap into, there the only ones that look logical...I'll see if I can find any better diagrams.

Attachments

X

·
0 Posts
Do you have the jbl sound system?

If you do, then you will need to connect the line output converter to after the sub amp, but before the sub. This is what I had to do to get any bass. If you do not want to cut wires, you can pick up a speaker harness at circuit city for $8.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Either that or if you are using Internet Explorer turn off automatic image resizing.

X

·
0 Posts
Whatever pics I had were on superford and those got lost. They weren't that great anyways, so I'll retake some this weekend. Here's a pic of the speaker adapter which plugs into the sub amp. The blue wire is going to a line output converter which feeds the sub signal for the amp.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
go to any store where they sell audio products and get a p35. And you can splice that into your back speaker and then run it from there to your low lvl inputs for your amp...thats what I did....I will have pics sometime later this week if you want..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts