Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well folks, after at least $3K+ (or even more) in repairs over the course of almost 5 years, I had decided to sell "Sarah", my 2002 Mercury Sable GS w/GS Plus Package. I owned the car since August 2015, and just sold it on Wednesday 3/18/2020. It was getting rusty, along with the oil burning in its Vulcan engine. In addition, I kept having very intermittent mild misfires, culminating in a severe misfire that was the "final nail in the coffin" two weeks ago. My 60-something mom was the primary driver, I used it as a back-up car/winter beater. I needed something very reliable for her and the intermittent misfiring put me over the edge, especially that I spent a lot of $$$ in repairs. I replaced the spark plugs twice, coil pack and plug wires last month, timing chain, etc etc, and then it started acting up again. "Sarah" now went to another home and I disclosed the known issues. The new owners think it may be the fuel pump, which I don't recall ever doing. Either way, I'm glad I joined this website to gain more information about my Sable, but now I'm (planning on) upgrading my mom to a white tri-coat 2010 Fusion SEL, fully loaded with every option except either of the appearance packages. Thank you everyone that helped me on my other forum posts!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Here she is, my replacement! 2010 Ford Fusion SEL, 143K miles, 3.0L V6 FWD. 2 prior owners, virtually fully loaded! This will be my new winter/back-up car as a replacement for my old 2002 Sable GS w/GS Plus Pkg (had almost 196K miles on it prior to the sale last week).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts