Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
okay, i must not be hacker material, or i just don't get the game...cause i can't get past level 1...and it sent me to a disney link...nice.... <_<

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Its soo easy i timed myself 4 min to level 11 and then internet explorer failed lol

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 95FORDT@Apr 19 2004, 08:13 PM
Its soo easy i timed myself 4 min to level 11 and then internet explorer failed lol
I think theres only 9 levels i was just exaderating when i said level 12

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Is there a fake password on level 3? I pulled what I thought was the code and looked at it, but the value assigned to the variable they are using doesn't seem to work.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
The biggest Hint... first place to look for a simple password is in the SOURCE CODE.

-Dan

·
Registered
746 Posts
ok, immediatly after i posted, i figured out the first level. and i think i have the password for the second level, just cant find the user name

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I don't know how you all found the password and not the user name. The user name is simpler then the password and I found them right together. Hint: It isn't in the HTML code. You'll need a different tool to get it.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
That would be telling
I can't give that much away. Just look at what kind of application is being used to do the authentication and look for a took that can decompile that application to a source code.

I'm now stuck on level 4. (yes I found the level 3 password, you'll kick yourself when you finally figure it out). Level 4 uses a real Java app, not a java script. I'm having trouble finding a way to decompile java into some readable and useful. I found a tool I thought worked, but it looks like it might not be right, because the source looks like it's using variables that it never defines.

-Dan

·
Registered
746 Posts
are you talking about the javascript? i really cant figre it out, so is there any small hint you can give?

i have no idea why, but i am addicted to this game and i have no clue how to do it

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by dant98@Apr 20 2004, 03:15 PM
That would be telling
I can't give that much away. Just look at what kind of application is being used to do the authentication and look for a took that can decompile that application to a source code.

I'm now stuck on level 4. (yes I found the level 3 password, you'll kick yourself when you finally figure it out). Level 4 uses a real Java app, not a java script. I'm having trouble finding a way to decompile java into some readable and useful. I found a tool I thought worked, but it looks like it might not be right, because the source looks like it's using variables that it never defines.

-Dan
one tool that you guys are going to have to get is a lil sniffing tool

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I thought a sniffing tool was a passive tool that waits for others to enter passwords and captures them, or am I wrong?

-Dan

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by dant98@Apr 21 2004, 09:23 AM
I thought a sniffing tool was a passive tool that waits for others to enter passwords and captures them, or am I wrong?

-Dan
it just watches ports to see where things are coming and going

M

·
0 Posts
what the hell is a source code?? i just wanna get past level one..

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by MySablesNameIsBruce@Apr 21 2004, 09:50 AM
what the hell is a source code?? i just wanna get past level one..
its how you hack into the matrix?

lol

no, right click on the web page, and go to view source

1 - 20 of 32 Posts