Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

So, what did you name your car?

13K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  95TaurusinSK 
#1 ·
Ive noticed that alot of people, especially Taurus owners, come up with names for thier rides. So this is a thread to meet the cars. What do you call your car?

Personally, I dont really have a name, but I call the '05 my baby. As in: Come on baby, lets go for a ride! :D

#2 ·
Depends what the weather is. For the most part I call my car the Silver Bullet. But if the weather is snowy and driving in blizzard conditions I call the car a Silver Sled.

Monsoon

#7 ·
The Spanish Inquisition, because no one expects the Spanish Inquisition and it surprises anyone who rides in it

On a side note, I call my truck The Crimson Permanent Assurance because it's red and it never dies.

Montey Python fans should know both of those

#10 ·
I never have been able to come up w/a name for my 2000. The 87 I am thinking to name it Luigi: Taurus car project was headed up by Lewis Veraldi (italian name), and it runs/operates like any older Italian car, and it's beige in color like Pasta.

#12 ·
Oops see correction notated above.

#13 ·
I dont think it would be appropriate to say what I called the wagon as there are some kids here........ :lol2:

Seriously though, the wagon is "The wagon" (no big suprise there) or the family hauler.

My Tbird is "goldie" for obvious reasons

#15 ·
The "Premium wagon'' is moniker on mine.
Because it said premium on the title was the household joke, it's not just a wagon but a premium wagon.

#19 ·
"The Blue Goose".

Dad bought it new for Mom in 1995. When he bought a Saturn wagon for her, he gave it to our family in about 2001.

It was parked at the house just a few miles from Sabine Lake when Hurricane Rita hit. Winds clocked at 160 with gusts to 180 tore up the roof of the house, knocked down fences and a nearby tree, and blew away carports up and down the street. But the only "damage" was shingle stuck in the passenger door.

Drove it our new home in the DFW area, only to have the engine block damaged by the first hard freeze. I had the engine replaced with a rebuilt one a year or so later, but it only lasted a year before it went down again in a cloud of steam. I did not have the heart to have it scrapped, so it sat in our driveway for a few years.

Fast forward to this year; Mom died in 2009, and Dad last August. My nephew needed the Saturn wagon to get back and forth to work, so I am using some of the money from the estate to restore it back to operational condition - engine repairs, A/C repair, change trans fluid and filter, a check over. It was towed to the garage a couple of weeks ago, and finally went inside to be worked on last Monday. I get to find out what I got myself into.... ;)

#22 ·
Currently, it's mostly called "the green car" or the green wagon... to differentiate between the previous ones: the red car and the black car, also Taurus wagons. Now I'm trying to come up with something more creative. So far, got nothing.

My car, however, is a HE. All my cars are male. I'm a girl. Just seems fitting i have a boy car. Don't over think it!

#24 ·
I didn't (yet). But maybe I could name her bull :poop:.

No, she's in decent shape for her age and mileage. But she'll have an identity crisis, because bulls are a male cow, and my car (just like every other car I've owned) is a girl.

There was a thread a couple of months back, somebody looking for names for their bull. I tossed in a couple of good ones, but I forget what they are, now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.