Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally went out and got a new car. 2010 Ford Fusion SEL 2.5. Picking it up tomorrow :D Totally amazed at the 2.5. So much peppier than my good old vulcan!! Sold my 2000 Taurus SE to good friends who just had a baby and need a solid dependable car. In the 11 years my family owned that Taurus it NEVER left us stranded or ever needed a "major" repair. There is only 1 speck of rust at the left dogleg other than that totally clean body. Good servicing/care is the key!! Anyways, thanks for all the great advice over the past 3 years :p

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Congrats on the new car! Be aware that is the successor to the Taurus as Ford's mid-size sedan, you're still welcome here! (A lot of us want one but can't afford one yet, LOL!)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the new car! Be aware that is the successor to the Taurus as Ford's mid-size sedan, you're still welcome here! (A lot of us want one but can't afford one yet, LOL!)
Yeah I remember when the Fusion came out in '06, Car & Driver (I think) did a retrospective with an original Taurus, its amazing how close in size they are. And thanks, will for sure check in from time to time :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah, we have an 07 Fusion. And it's amazing how much stronger and faster it is with the (160hp) four cylinder than the weak (145hp) V6 in the Taurus. And way more comfortable and better handling. (I've had trucks that could handle better than the Tortoise!)

And my Taurus will be handed down next year. It is becoming my daughters car. I am getting another truck.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
I'm still crossing my fingers for a 2.5 L Ecoboost to show up....

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'm still crossing my fingers for a 2.5 L Ecoboost to show up....
Supposedly next generation of the Fusion will receive some turbo'd 4 cylinder option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts