Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, another band I follow extensively, is Cryptopsy. Any fans here know that they have been without a singer for some time. Well turns out the singer from 3 mile scream is taking over as lead singer for Cryptopsy. I have no idea how this is going to turn out. I downloaded some 3 mile scream, and the music is substantially different than cryptopsy's. Its a whole different genre. To me, this is like Fall Out Boy getting Mick Jagger to replace Patrick Stump.

I like 3 Mile Screams music from what I just heard, but picturing classic Cryptopsy songs like Phobophile in such a different voice does not seem kosher to me. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I listen to some death/black metal. But I have yet to hear of Cryptopsy or 3 Mile Scream. I'll have to see if I can find them on PureVolume...

:dunno:

EDIT:
Found 3 Mile Scream on MySpace Music, and they remind me of The Agony Scene. I like it. I'll have to see if I can find more of them.
I couldn't get Cryptopsy to load for some reason, but will be trying again later.

Ben, what do you think of The Agony Scene?

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I listen to some death/black metal. But I have yet to hear of Cryptopsy or 3 Mile Scream. I'll have to see if I can find them on PureVolume...

:dunno:

EDIT:
Found 3 Mile Scream on MySpace Music, and they remind me of The Agony Scene. I like it. I'll have to see if I can find more of them.
I couldn't get Cryptopsy to load for some reason, but will be trying again later.

Ben, what do you think of The Agony Scene?
[/b]
I have never heard of them actually. I will check them out later.. Cryptopsy is probably best found on limewire or torrents, unless u want to buy the cd. Not sure if you will be able to buy their tracks online. They are a relatively known name in the scene, but unlikely to have been picked up by the big mp3 distributers.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I like Obituary. I'm not too keen on the categories of metal. I just like screaming and lots and LOTS of crazy drums. :horns:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I LOVE death metal, I don't know the names of all the bands or the names to their songs, but I love the music. I couldn't find 3 mile scream but cryptopsy (open face surgery) is pretty good, they kinda sound like a mixture of napalm death vocals and lamb of god mixed with pantera music.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I LOVE death metal, I don't know the names of all the bands or the names to their songs, but I love the music. I couldn't find 3 mile scream but cryptopsy (open face surgery) is pretty good, they kinda sound like a mixture of napalm death vocals and lamb of god mixed with pantera music.
[/b]

Interesting. I find zero elements of Pantera's music in Cryptopsy's music. The drumming is more technical, the guitars are not shredding as in dimebags style, the tempo is faster, and the drums are much much different then vinnies. Phil screams and sings loudly, he's awesome, but its not the death grunt.. I love Pantera, but I think the only thing they share in common is the metal category.

I can't believe you were only able to find one song by cryptopsy.

Look up Phobophile, Adeste Infidelis, Carrionshine, Crown of Horns and Angelskingarden to name a few, then come back and say they remind you of pantera, and lamb of god... No cheesy sing alongs here, (ala Lamb of God now you've got something to die for )

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
they have grunt alongs i guess..... :glare:

ha ha. i really tried to like crytop....thingy. the music was great, but i just couldnt get with that singer. not to say its bad, just not my bag.
on the bright side, at least they are gonna continue. it sucks when a band you like loses one dude and the whole thing ends. cant let one monkey stop the whole circus...

and i agree about the pantera thing. i dont hear pantera in them at all. or really lamb of god for that matter...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts