Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did a lot of work to the sable this weekend. unplugged coolant level sensor, pb blasted the sticky iac (no change), cleaned the tb and maf, vacummed out under the cowl (never seen so many acorns in my life), vacummed cabin filter and reinstalled. also tried seafoaming the sable. not my first experience, but the first with this car. used the big hose off of the vacuum box (boy was that a bitch to get off). filled a 9oz cup up half way, and slowly poured it into the hose. shut the car off. added the remainder to the fuel tank. started the car up 10 minutes later...no smoke whatsoever. wtf? i was hoping for a smoke show and the car would feel better. no such luck.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Was the engine already hot when you fogged it? I usually will use the pcv valve hose for Sea Foam, the Sea Foam probably didn't reach the engine through that hose. Also, when you start sucking up the Sea Foam, throttle the engine up so it gets into the combustion chamber really good, and decarbons the valves.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Oh, Chin Up !

Your smoke is probably still in there. It's just waiting for the Monday morning commute to come out so everyone can stare at you like "WTF?" ;)

·
Registered
797 Posts
QUOTE (boosted expy @ Jun 5 2010, 05:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809615
did a lot of work to the sable this weekend. unplugged coolant level sensor, pb blasted the sticky iac (no change), cleaned the tb and maf, vacummed out under the cowl (never seen so many acorns in my life), vacummed cabin filter and reinstalled. also tried seafoaming the sable. not my first experience, but the first with this car. used the big hose off of the vacuum box (boy was that a bitch to get off). filled a 9oz cup up half way, and slowly poured it into the hose. shut the car off. added the remainder to the fuel tank. started the car up 10 minutes later...no smoke whatsoever. wtf? i was hoping for a smoke show and the car would feel better. no such luck.[/b]
What are the core problems you are trying to solve?

·
Registered
955 Posts
can you add Seafoam to the engine through the PCV valve WITHOUT changing the plugs after wards?

I thought the cleaning via PCV valve w/ Seafoam should only be done before a spark plug change. Something about the carbon build up coming loose and clogging the spark plug gaps themselves.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can you add Seafoam to the engine through the PCV valve WITHOUT changing the plugs after wards?

I thought the cleaning via PCV valve w/ Seafoam should only be done before a spark plug change. Something about the carbon build up coming loose and clogging the spark plug gaps themselves.
never seen it happen, and i hve seafoamed many vehicles.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i "seafoamed" my car a couple weeks ago and it made a huge difference when it ran...smoother idle, better throttle response, and better gas mileage....i just did the intake...i didnt want to try it in the crankcase or gas tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts