Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2010 sho and Monday all of the sudden while driving on the express way I could no go faster the 45 mph. The car was shaking and felt like it wanted to stall. A passer buy sai that I had heavy black smoke out of the tail pipes and the smell was unbearable. The engine light came on and then stayed blinking. The dealer after 2 days still does not know.
Any thoughts
Thanks

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Black smoke indicates a very rich mixture... Being so sudden, it can be from a vacuum tube that got loose.
Check the engine light codes... dealer should know what you had.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
You could have a boost leak, or the charge tube popped off. No boost + Extremely rich mixture = Misfire and BLACK unburnt fuel.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
This confirms what I have always felt, NEVER buy a first year model anything!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Ahhh, twin-turbo??? Is the EU crazynes contagious?
Over there everybody was crazy to get a turbo-diesel. More power for less tax (paid per engine displacement), better gas milage, cheaper fuel (gasoline has higher taxes)... Till the turbos start to fail after a couple years due to stop&go urban traffic and cost them big time to fix.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Ahhh, twin-turbo??? Is the EU crazynes contagious?
Over there everybody was crazy to get a turbo-diesel. More power for less tax (paid per engine displacement), better gas milage, cheaper fuel (gasoline has higher taxes)... Till the turbos start to fail after a couple years due to stop&go urban traffic and cost them big time to fix.
Easily fixed with a Turbo-timer ;) :lol2:

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
^^^^ as well as regular maintanance...... turbos like fresh, clean oil, and dont like to be boosted to the max (spinning 120,000 RPM) with cold oil (no WOT 2 minutes after a winter startup).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts