Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've taken my step-father 07 Taurus.
he told me he's done several works on it that he can only pinpoint that the Oil Pan gasket is maybe worn out (which is causing the car to smell of burning motor oil).
I've previously owned a 02 Taurus, so I'm basically familiar for the most part. however, since this is a '07 I don't know if theirs much changes on the engine (other than the interior).

A/C compressor, Heater core, Thermostats was replaced
I've also replaced the air filter and cabin air filter.

I've driven it today and yesterday
so here's what I can explain (and not so sure these are theories) of what the car might have:
-when the car starts the engine idles 1000 RPM, and eventually pluses, but not drastically.
-after driving 15-20 minutes the smoke starts to fume a bit smelling of burning oil. not sure if either the oil pan gasket or the valve cover gasket (I checked the engine and it looks wet close to the transmission.
-while driving it will have a slight jolt driving. almost like a delay acceleration.

I want to fix it, but I want to know what I am explaining sound anywhere accurate on what needs to be replaced.This car has issue but not as bad as my 2002.

my old 2002 Ford Taurus would stop idling in the middle of the street and I would have to turn it back on to get the engine running again. it took several mechanics and myself to attempt to fix the issue but was unable to find that solution.

my only concern is not to let the same happen for this 2007 I'm trying to repair.

-

·
Registered
314 Posts
Recently I've taken my step-father 07 Taurus.
he told me he's done several works on it that he can only pinpoint that the Oil Pan gasket is maybe worn out (which is causing the car to smell of burning motor oil).
I've previously owned a 02 Taurus, so I'm basically familiar for the most part. however, since this is a '07 I don't know if theirs much changes on the engine (other than the interior).

A/C compressor, Heater core, Thermostats was replaced
I've also replaced the air filter and cabin air filter.

I've driven it today and yesterday
so here's what I can explain (and not so sure these are theories) of what the car might have:
-when the car starts the engine idles 1000 RPM, and eventually pluses, but not drastically.
-after driving 15-20 minutes the smoke starts to fume a bit smelling of burning oil. not sure if either the oil pan gasket or the valve cover gasket (I checked the engine and it looks wet close to the transmission.
-while driving it will have a slight jolt driving. almost like a delay acceleration.

I want to fix it, but I want to know what I am explaining sound anywhere accurate on what needs to be replaced.This car has issue but not as bad as my 2002.

my old 2002 Ford Taurus would stop idling in the middle of the street and I would have to turn it back on to get the engine running again. it took several mechanics and myself to attempt to fix the issue but was unable to find that solution.

my only concern is not to let the same happen for this 2007 I'm trying to repair.

-
Oil pan gaskets are a common problem on these. Try using a "perma-dry" Fel-pro gasket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts