Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12,147 Posts
Why? How much money will you save during your ownership of the car buying that filter vs. the FL820S on the next shelf? At my local WM, the FL820S is $3.50; I have NO IDEA what any other filter costs.
Pic of MC filter and what was on my last buy used car. After 1K miles I changed the oil and filter. Small on put on by JuffyLube.
MC is cheap and reliable.
-chart-

Attachments

· Registered
12,147 Posts
Thank you very much! I have some white paper under the car right now, and will check in the morning to see if the leakage is oil or ATF.

I watched several YT videos yesterday that suggest valve cover gaskets are the culprit, and I've read people's comments saying we should change the Duratec PCV valve every year because it's prone to clogging up and blowing out the gaskets. I don't know that I've ever had this car's changed!
Not possible. The crank case has two openings. One to the accordion, and PCV to the intake. Can't imagine plugging both. I have now 3 DOHC now and have had previous and only one issue of sticking PCV. Pic is on '04 with 162K on it. Records show the PCV was changed once. Can't have sludge in engine that looks like this.
-chart-

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts