Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 with the OHV engine, and the AC compressure started taking a long time to kick on when I turn it on. Probably 3-4 min, or a few miles for the ac cluch to kick on. Anything common to check out? thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE (s1120 @ Jun 8 2010, 08:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810321
I have a 06 with the OHV engine, and the AC compressure started taking a long time to kick on when I turn it on. Probably 3-4 min, or a few miles for the ac cluch to kick on. Anything common to check out? thanks![/b]

Just a update...

I took it for another run, and when it kicks on, it works fine. No issues at all.

No a thought... I know some cars delay the AC till the engine warms up. Would the 06 Taurus have that? Still acts up warm.... just wondering if it does have that setup, maybe the sensor is bad.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do you have Automatic Temp Control? On my '01 Sable with ATC, it will take about 10-15 seconds for it to come on with the ATC on and set to 70 degrees. In the winter, it will wait until the engine temps to come up before it starts blowing. Engine temps should have nothing to do with A/C.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Probably the clutch itself. You should see if when you first turn it on if the clutch coil is getting power but not pulling in. If not then maybe the relay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts