Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed it today when I had the car idling. Just started. It appears to be coming from the drivers side by the transmission. I suspect it could be the "chirping" that would indicate the Cam Synchronizer going out but I haven't heard "chirping" it was a tick sound more so the sound described, and I've never noticed. The only thing I've done is yesterday I sprayed Engine Degreaser (Black Magic 2 in 1) on the engine, and MAF Cleaner on the sensor. My car has always made a funny sound when the AC or Heat was engaged, and there was load on the transmission. Think its the compressor though, but this sound was different. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Well, you need to look into it more. It could be the vane in the cam synchro hitting the inside of the sensor. Take the sensor off and see if there are any marks to indicate this. If not, then you need to get a stethoscope or something similar and try to pinpoint the source of the noise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Noticed it today when I had the car idling. Just started. It appears to be coming from the drivers side by the transmission. I suspect it could be the "chirping" that would indicate the Cam Synchronizer going out but I haven't heard "chirping" it was a tick sound more so the sound described, and I've never noticed. The only thing I've done is yesterday I sprayed Engine Degreaser (Black Magic 2 in 1) on the engine, and MAF Cleaner on the sensor. My car has always made a funny sound when the AC or Heat was engaged, and there was load on the transmission. Think its the compressor though, but this sound was different. What do you guys think?
[/b]

Check Your Serpentine Belt for missing chunks on the inside. Happened to me, i thought it was a lifter tick and it turned out to be a belt that need replacing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Check Your Serpentine Belt for missing chunks on the inside. Happened to me, i thought it was a lifter tick and it turned out to be a belt that need replacing.
[/b][/quote]

On the driver side though? It appears to have gone away. Car is acting weird. Its going back in the shop though ###### city garbage truck backed into the passenger side door today. Afraid they may total it this time, its only worth about 2 grand to begin with according to kbb.com. Love my Fords but this car has been a nightmare with accidents. Luckily its the citys fault having to deal with travelers insurance. I = very angry.

Still I will be sure to check the belt. I just had brand spanking new aftermarket headlights installed, aftermarket but they are brighter with the newer lens. Anyway I will try to figure out what this is.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I've started to notice a slight ticking noise from my passenger side engine bay...I'll check the belt (I just replaced it in August when I did the UDP). It's so faint that I shouldn't worry, but with my idle sounding like it's struggling/heavy I tend to get anxious.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've started to notice a slight ticking noise from my passenger side engine bay...I'll check the belt (I just replaced it in August when I did the UDP). It's so faint that I shouldn't worry, but with my idle sounding like it's struggling/heavy I tend to get anxious.
[/b]
Mine sounds like that to. I watched it, it was reving itself not much, just a bit. I mean maybe like from 900 rpms to 1000, but it'd do it every now and then when idling.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would do a Exhaust Manifold gasket leak check.

Pretty much check if any exhaust is coming out from the rear or front manifolds. Mine is out right now and everytime I rev a bit the ticking increases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts