Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently had my Eibach springs installed with some new Sensa-trac struts. Now it seems I'm having a problem with the exhaust pipe hitting the control arms when I hit bumps or waves in the road. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? How would I fix this problem?
These are pics of it setting still in front of the house. The pipe barely clears the arms.
[attachmentid=28659][attachmentid=28660]

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
i guess you could try to reposition the exhaust hanger that way it'll hold the muffler and pipe up a little higher. thats all i could think of

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
you could try adjusting it but i dont think it is going to help much... you could also have the ehaust redone this would give the perfect oportunity for a new exhaust system... or you could try wrapping the control arms with something that will absorb some of impact and quet it down and just live with it... idk i have never had any problems with my sable

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I never had a problem with the stock exhaust. I did have that problem once with the Borla catback. A clamp had come loose, caused the pipe to sag a little, and would make contact with the lower control arm. Unfortunately, there are no clamps to re-adjust on the stock exhaust. I'd try modding the hangers first, but a custom catback might be a better option.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I might try just moving the hangers for the time being because money is short. Hopefully that'll fix the problem for now. I want to do dual exhaust and split the pipe at the control arms. But I don't think I'll be able to do that till late this summer or fall. Isn't there also some kind of heat wrap I can wrap the exhaust pipe in so I can move it closer to the body without any troubles?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New body shots will come later. I got some minor body work I gotta fix from those inconsiderate customers at work. So I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I finally got around to taking new pics with the Eibachs on there. Doesn't slam the car, but it was a noticeable drop. I was able to fix the exhaust from hitting the control arms by using a clamp and simply tightening it down between the plastic portion of the hanger and the metal welded to the muffler for the hanger raising the muffler in the end. Easy temporary fix if I say so myself. Well here's the new shots. I'll have to take some more once my rims are back on.

[attachment=28789:eibach_side_shot.jpg][attachment=28790:eibach_f...gle_shot.jpg
]

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts