Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else an XM or Sirius subscriber?

Not sure if this applies to Sirius, but I would assume so... the new "merged" channel lineup went into effect today for XM.

I absolutely hate it. I canceled the service.

Kiss XM (21) and The Hitlist (30) are both gone. The Hitlist got replaced by some 2000's crappy POP Channel, Kiss just plain disappeared. They also got rid of The System (82).

I can't stand talk radio or sports and they added a bunch of those channels which just irritates me.

When I called to cancel the service, they first offered me a discounted rate of $4.99/mo for three months to stay. After I declined, they offered me three months of free service. However, I had just paid for a quarter that ends 2/3/09. I asked if they could refund the quarter I just paid for and let me have it as the free one so I can try out the new lineup and give it a chance. They told me that the free one would have to be the subsequent quarter, so then I said I just want to cancel effective immediately and get a refund for what I just paid for. That's what ended up happening.

I think there are going to be a lot of pissed off people with this and XM-Sirius is going to be hurting for business. Their stock is trading at 25 cents per share as it is and they are over a billion dollars in debt. They were stupid to rock the boat with anything given the current economic conditions.

I was already questioning how worthwhile the service was outside of the lineup change... this was just a nail in the coffin.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Sirius subscriber here. They changed quite a few things up on the Sirius lineup, but nothing that really affected what I normally listened to. They are doing away with the AC/DC station come next year :(

I am listening to the streaming online version cause Sirius cannot seem to fix the downtown terrestrial repeater 3 blocks away from my apartment (been down for 2 weeks, I have called 3 times already). I can't pickup the satellite feed with the buildings. Bastards!

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow no talk radio or sports. is there anything else. :dunno:

xm here no complaints.
[/b]
They have essentially killed their whole concept of good, commercial free music! That's why I originally bought XM.

Until today, I was a subscriber for over 5 years!

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
My dad and I have had XM for several years, and both love it. He called a couple weeks ago to find out what the XM/Sirius package was, and found out that it basically screwed you, and all you got, in addition to standard XM programming, was Howard Stern (who cares), Martha Stewart (who cares), and NFL/NASCAR.

Lame.

JR

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
My dad and I have had XM for several years, and both love it. He called a couple weeks ago to find out what the XM/Sirius package was, and found out that it basically screwed you, and all you got, in addition to standard XM programming, was Howard Stern (who cares), Martha Stewart (who cares), and NFL/NASCAR.

Lame.

JR
[/b]
for an additional 4.99 i believe.
stern sucks never was funny never will be.

<div class='quotemain'>
wow no talk radio or sports. is there anything else. :dunno:

xm here no complaints.
[/b]
They have essentially killed their whole concept of good, commercial free music! That's why I originally bought XM.

Until today, I was a subscriber for over 5 years!
[/b][/quote]
i have noticed the censored radio coming back.
nothing like hearing rage against the machine yelling ###### you :D

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Sirius here, I like having more music to listen to, but I hear ya on the censored part of it.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I wondered what happened to my Sirius channels. Buncha different **** on this morning. I'll have to flip through the stations, and see if I strongly dislike it.

Sirius has been irritating me lately anyway, because it's sounding more and more like low-bitrate internet radio. :puke:

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I listened to a few sirus stations - Classic Rewind (classic rock), Classic Vinyl(rock), Prime Country and The Roadhouse (old country) and Area 38 (dance). I did start to like sattelite radio over the summer.

My only complaint: I heard Oye Como Va by Santana AT LEAST TWICE A DAY.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
i have sirius, came with the new car, not a horrible service, but i haven't gotten used to the "new" lineup yet, not too much different on the channels i listen to tho

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I had Sirius that came with the Dodge Ram rental, it was a good change for a little while :)

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
You need to go to their website to try and figure out what is what as far as channel numbers now.

My favorites are talk radio,espn,uncensored comedy, when the kids are in the car they like 20 on 20.

I also noticed they will be having a rate increase.

I cancelled the service on the one I got my son in law a couple of years ago because they kept charging me for it.

Idiots canceled the one in my car. I was on a trip and I about went crazy not having it.

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
My only complaint: I heard Oye Como Va by Santana AT LEAST TWICE A DAY.
[/b]
DEALBREAKER! :lol:

Most. Overplayed. Santana. Song. Ever. And it's really annoying. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Sirius has been irritating me lately anyway, because it's sounding more and more like low-bitrate internet radio. :puke:
[/b]
You know...I noticed that too when I used it this past Sunday morning when I drove up to michakaveli's. Wonder what's going on with that...

·
Former Moderpony
1,215 Posts
Sirius listener myself. I don't mind the change too much. The only station change that really affected me was The Pulse (formerly Sirius 9, now Sirius 12). I like that they separated 90's music (90's on 9) from current music (The Pulse), and the fact that my preset moved with the station.

Now I need to redo some of my presets. No sense wasting one on a station next to another preset (BBC Radio One, Sirius 11)

What I normally listen to (for those interested):
First Wave, Sirius 23 I think
80's on 8 (formerly The Big 80's), Sirius 8 obviously
90's on 9, Sirius 9 obviously
BBC Radio One, Lots of music we don't get over here, because most of our population lives in a stupid bubble where the USA is the only country on earth [/rant]. Sirius 11
The Pulse, Sirius 12 (though for the record I'd rather have Shuffle back.)
NPR Now and NPR Talk, I forget the station numbers
WRN the World Radio Network, a collection of news programmes from around the world. Sirius 141 I think
BBC World, best news source on the planet. Sirius 142 I think.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Sirius here. I'll have it until it is no longer around. The changes all in all were minimal. Started the truck the other morning and got the updating message .. .all my presets were fixed for me. 60 just the name change, but a few station number changes went through without me having to do anything.

Oh, and Howard Stern IS satellite radio. He has brought more listeners to Sirius than XM has subscribers. I rarely ever turn from Howard 100.

Baba Booey Baba Booey Howard Sterns Penis baba booey

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Did they get rid of "The System" or whatever that crazy techno station is?

My friend has XM in his Alero, got subs and everything, So whenever we got really bored when driving, We would put that station on, and have a rave in the car to techno (I installed a strobe light for his overhead light per his request)(yes I know this is probally very illegal)

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts

My friend has XM in his Alero, got subs and everything, So whenever we got really bored when driving, We would put that station on, and have a rave in the car to techno (I installed a strobe light for his overhead light per his request)(yes I know this is probally very illegal)
[/b]
The illegal thing wouldn't bother me so much as the gay thing if I were you guys :rofl2:

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
The illegal thing wouldn't bother me so much as the gay thing if I were you guys :rofl2:
[/b][/quote]

:eek: hey man thats not cool. lmao. whatever, when were rocking out to ****, we don't care.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I think they still have "system". I believe it is now channel 38 on sirius, but I could be wrong. There's also BPM (sirius 36) with more techno stuff, for when y'all want to click on the strobe and take 2 hits if Mitsubishi Ecstasy. (see: pablo francisco joke) :lol2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts