Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has negotiated a deal with Sirius as of late? How'd you do it?

I just upped a few days ago on their $10 mostly music and a couple bucks more for traffic and travel link, but know there are better deals to be had.

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
The deal I have right now is $20 every 5 months. Plus a dollar and change in tax.

I just have to call once every 5 months and pay the $20. I also pay an additional $4 per month up front if I want to use internet radio for those 5 months. Not sure if I'll renew it when I renew my radio.

Oh I have the 'select' package+internet radio which is all radio channels in my car and on my phone/computer. Includes Howard Stern which is really all I use it for.

Here's how I did it: I had the mostly music package and told them I wanted Howard stern for the same price ($10/month) or I would just cancel. Instead he offered me the $20 every 5 months. I couldn't pass that up.

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I'd do internet radio for that. Of course I get my negotiating game face on, and SXM's online account manager (becuase I'm not going to remember my ESN) crashes down hard. It's a sign to wait until tomorrow.

Just wish SXM weren't all compressed to hell when it plays. That's the only downside. Makes my audio upgrade pointless...

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
They've had that $20 for 5 months for a long time now. Each time your 5 months comes up, just call, threaten to cancel and they give it to you again. Sometimes they threaten that this is the last time they'll give it to you, but then the next time you get someone else so you can get it again. I got it a few months ago and it was easy, they just signed me up, no arguing.

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
They've just been signing me up. Its been easy. I will cancel if I don't get that deal... so they keep giving it to me :)

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
That's what my wife does too.

·
Registered
835 Posts
That's what I do, I have my regular subscription on my Taurus $120 ish year including All Access, Travel Link and Traffic. I keep that paid yearly and use the five/six months $25. I try to get six months and have been lucky so far. I use it as a stocking stuffer. for Christmas. I got my co worker a mothers day gift, niece a early Christmas gift and a friend for his Fusion as a Fathers Day Gift. I also use the "Multiple vehicles and long term subscriber (10 years) as a bargaining chip. You have to play hard ball with them.

If you have the travel link the moving map weather radar is excellent especially in the summer Thunderstorm Season.

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
Sadly my car is too old for Travel Link and Traffic but you bet I would pay for it if I had it! I just have good old Sirius. The quality is horrible too...So much better on my old XM radio in my 2000.

·
Super Moderator
6,641 Posts
Anyone have any clue if any of the newer nav systems made by pioneer (the all in one systems that look like mine) had traffic or travel link? They used them up until the 2014 Expedition and navigator... They had hard drives where mine doesn't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts