Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really hard to install as I mentioned in the post. Look for a good picture of the 'infamous power antenna' (unused) plug that I used to get constant 12VDC as well as 'on with ignition' 12VDC to tell the unit when to turn on and off.

I used FM modulation for now, but am ordering an interface that will allow it to play using the CD button on the stock radio.

I included 2 pics of the controller unit - One with the door closed and one with the door open. I didn't want an aftermarket 'cluttering up the dash' so I leave the controller in the center console for the most part. Very easy to get my hands on the controller to change stations and so forth.

XM vs Sirius? Well, I listened to both, and prefer my music commercial free. Definitely worth the extra couple of bucks a month.

I had some links up, but they didn't work. Nor did the briefcase I created so I'm going to attach.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, stow the sledgehammer. . . The problem was on my end. I've modified the link in the above post.

Randy

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Was that grey connector there for the stock cd changer? I always wondered...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, that's the mysterious Power Antenna plug.

Red/Yellow Stripe = 12VDC always on
Black/Pink Stripe = 12VDC switched
Blue = For a cell phone option. If you ground the blue wire, it mutes the system.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love listening to that station (Hard Attack) - Brings back fond memories
. Actually The Bled I think is the best of the genre. They have a song out that's really good. . . It's called "Ruth Buzzi Better Watch Her Back" --- too funny.

As a guest on Sirius.com you can listen to the music streams for 20 minutes at a time to get a feel for the service. The stuff I'm getting is freaking awesome! Stuff I haven't heard in a long time (or ever). There's a great rap station called "Wax". I like that one too.

Here's what their music programmer had to say:

What up! First post to the site! Thanks for always supporting HARD ATTACK since the beginning!!!! You too reading this! So I'm the dude behind the sick a** tunes and I'm also on the air. Just to let ya'll know, I program this station w/ the soul and passion of a real metalhead, just like yourselves! Thanks to you all for feeling the energy of our station! I really think we are the premire source for killer metal of all kinds!!!! I constantly rock out HARD ATTACK all the time and my baby loves and is soothed by METAL!!! BTW...her 1st CD was DIO's anthology, over 3 hours of RONNIE JAMES DIO! My wife almost left me...that much DIO can be painful for some, but not me and Mya! Anyways, I'm here guys, reading and trying to make you all happy. But it's hard to please everyone. System will never leave HARD ATTACK! They mean too much to our world and people love them, including myself. My favs in life....Pantera, Carcass, Korn, Metallica, Acid Bath, Nothingface, Motley Crue, Puya, Black Sabbath, Sepultura, Slayer, System of a Down, Deftones, Megadeth, Testament, Anthrax, Lamb of God, Demon Hunter, Poison The Well, Opeth, and Chimaira! There's still so much to do w/ HARD ATTACK, give me time and "in the meantime" continue to enjoy what we got....something pure and true to the scene (nice one dude!) and let me know if you've got something that can really make HARD ATTACK the ultimate METAL station...it's already there and I totally, full-heartedly believe that.....I have so much fun on air it's sick! I can't wait for you to see what we've got coming up (new DJ's, shows, contests and more!!!) in the future on HARD ATTACK! I'll tell you this, we're going to be doing s*** that people never thought could be done w/ METAL! My friends, it's exciting times and SIRIUS has given us the chance to have our music shine in the spotlight!

Listen to our interviews this week:

Inhuman, Wed at 7pm ET
Bobaflex, Thurs at 5pm ET (on Sirius Sessions//100)
Killswitch Engage, Fri at 5pm ET
Lamb Of God, Fri at 7pm ET
The Agony Scene, Thurs at 10am ET

More killer interviews on Hard Attack to always come!

Smoke metal today, thanks for being a metalhead, stay in school, and get your friends and familia into SIRIUS!

Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
23 Posts
if anyone is looking to do this... I have the antenna extensions and adapters. I have since added an aftermarket head unit, so I no longer need them. Email/pm me if youare interested.

Nice Install btw. Looks very similar to mine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
saerandy

I know you said that gray plug is for the power antenna that is not there. But what year bull do you have? I have a 99 and want to get a power antenna and put it in, but never knew if that plug was there

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks! And by the way, Great pics!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts