Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so i'm interested in getting silverstars for my gen3 sable. And does anyone know if this silverstars really work? and are they worth it?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I don't have any personally, but I've seen some cars with them and they look great. Several people on here have them, as well. I've heard nothing but good things about them. They are the closest thing to getting HID (uber-expensive). I plan on getting some for Christmas
(odd gift, I know).

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have the Silverstars and I love them!

They do NOT require a new wiring harness, as they are the same wattage as the factory bulbs. You can certainly install a heavy duty wiring harness in addition (lower resistance, so there would be more current flowing through the bulbs). Remember, though, that the Silverstars do not require any more power than the factory bulbs....

The Silverstars are much whiter than the standard bulbs. I compare it to a flourescent bulb versus a standard bulb in a household fixture.

These is also a thread in the archives called, I think, "bright white lights" where we beat this topic to death a few weeks ago...

I hope this helps!!

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
There are about 20 threads on this in the archives.

In a nutshell, yes they work great. Best stock-wattage bulb you can get IMO. You don't need the heavy duty harness when you switch to Silverstars (same current draw) but with the upgraded harness, it is an even better improvement. Every Gen3 owner should get the heavy duty harness, even with the stock bulbs. The stock harness is pathetic.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Is it possible to get those for my Sable light bar?

·
Registered
369 Posts
For the gII sable light bar. It's twist and pull.
Ford did something right!!! J/K

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have them and love them. In combination with my fog lights I can see just dandy is just about any weather, even at night.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Did it yesterday on a GEN IV

One bolt and two long pull clips one each light.

Pull assy off car and then twist a big round socket then unclip old headlight

installation is opposite of this

I installed one and turned on my lights I could not believe the difference in them.

Part number is 9007

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have them in the 97, and as soon as the 91 is up and running, I have a set to install in that too. They're great bulbs, I love them in the 97. As far as removing the headlight to install, I didn't have to do that in any of the Gen's I've owned. (1,2 or 3).

·
Registered
379 Posts
Twist and pull for the Gen II Taurus, as well.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
As far as removing the headlight to install, I didn't have to do that in any of the Gen's I've owned. (1,2 or 3).[/b]
Bob...you have smaller hands than I... it's a lot easier if you take the whole assembley out, saves the ol' knuckles

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I lost a headlight bulb today actually, and I had to take the whole stupid light out to get the bulb changed. <_<

1 - 18 of 18 Posts