Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can't Believe this happened already this early, never had any problems of this happening, old set of headlights worked for 1.5 years+, the other bulb is also fine, along with the replacement.

I just wrote an email to them and will call their office tomorrow when they are open, going to try to get a replacement for free. A product of their "high quality" shouldn't be breaking this early under normal use.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
wow...... definitely was NOT expecting that.

·
COTM Advisor
1,013 Posts
I just had the low beam go out on one of them a couple of months ago. Highs still worked though.

I've had mine for close to 3 years, on the harness at least 2 years. No problems other than that.

I've never seen a bulb 'blow out' before, but good luck on a replacement.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geez, when you told me it blew, I wasn't expecting that! Wow...

Did you happen to get any fingers on the actual bulb glass itself when you installed it?
[/b]
not afaik, i knew not to touch the bulb beacuse of the oil on your fingers and such.

I bet they tell you it was your fault.

I got a spare one if you want it.
[/b]
Ill call them tomorrow and bitch alot, but if I cant get a replacement, ill give you a yell. I have a regular hologen in now from ashleys SHO, looks different. Silver lighting next to regular lighting.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Called them, the lady said "theres no warranty on it" im like, "well isnt it your high teir product? you dont back it at all?" and shes like "oh uh.. if theres a problem send it back within a year of purchace date and we will send you a new one, with the recipt"

well, the kicker is the recipt, only god knows where that is, and I paid cash for it as well.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I thought these healights only lasted a few months at most?
[/b]
Mine are going on 4 years old :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go buy some different bulbs :) When I was looking at new headlight bulbs, there was a lengthy discussion about SilverStars versus other better than OEM bulbs. Might want to check it out (page 1 and 2): http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58278
[/b]
Thats a link to a Vulcan Oil Pan discussion. :lol2:

-edit

been reading up on this, would running these bulbs on stock housing cause them to blow? I have never installed a HD housing, so mabye they are trying to suck up too much power out of the stock harness?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Go buy some different bulbs :) When I was looking at new headlight bulbs, there was a lengthy discussion about SilverStars versus other better than OEM bulbs. Might want to check it out (page 1 and 2): http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58278
[/b]

-edit

been reading up on this, would running these bulbs on stock housing cause them to blow? I have never installed a HD housing, so mabye they are trying to suck up too much power out of the stock harness?
[/b][/quote]
Silverstars work fine on stock wiring...they're not high wattage bulbs - they're still standard headlights. If you were drawing too much current through the stock wiring, you'd be melting things.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

-edit

[/b][/quote]
Silverstars work fine on stock wiring...they're not high wattage bulbs - they're still standard headlights. If you were drawing too much current through the stock wiring, you'd be melting things.
[/b][/quote]

the bulb melted though :lol2:

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"Louis, thank you for contacting us with your product performance concern. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused to you, our valued consumer.

The life of any halogen bulb varies based on vehicle type, vehicle voltage, amount of time the bulb is on, road conditions, proper installation, and correct application. The average life of SilverStar® headlights are approximately one year. If the bulbs do not meet your expectations, we will replace them within a year of purchase when obtained through an authorized US retailer.

With our SYLVANIA SilverStar® products, the primary goal is to offer the brightest, whitest light. Research has shown SilverStar® headlights improve driver visibility and reaction time. However, since our SilverStar® headlights are up to 35% brighter and our SilverStar® ULTRA headlights are up to 50% brighter than standard halogen, they may have a shorter life span compared to our other products.

We offer a wide variety of products to satisfy customer needs including brightness, durability, color options and increased visibility. We recommend evaluating your lighting annually as part of your regular maintenance.

Please remit the following along with a copy of this e-mail:

þ Failed lamp (s) or
þ UPC from the package and
þ Receipt copy"

Well it says return the Failed lamp OR UPC and Receipt. So im going to send them the bulb and the copy of the email today.

Notice how they say "Expected life is only 1 year"

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
1 year life expectancy? That flat out sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I never had any luck with them i went thru two sets in one year
and ended up putting the stock ones back in :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts