Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can buy a silicone adapter to adapt from the Draxas MAF adapter to three inch tube. I got my CAI installed but I have the silicone tubing siliconed to the adapter.

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
That is tha correct web site but the wrong catagory. What you want are in the "transitions/reducers" NOT "couplers/connecters". They have the 3.5" to 3.0" reducer you will need for it.

Salvador, is this where you got mine?? If not, where did you get them??

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well then I screwed up.

I bought the 3 to 3 1/4"

I bet I can make it fit.

Mike
B)

btw Those guys could be convicted of **** for the prices they charge.
I went ahead and bought the reducer but I only paid about $12.00 for 3 feet of 3" silicone tubing on ebay.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I almost flipped my lid when I saw those prices for the 1st time myself :blink:
They take awhile to ship. I ordered mine around last Monday and haven't got'n it yet.

Sal, is that a yes, that's where you got them? That is is -- Their might be a type-o in their ;)

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I received my adapter today. Apparently I checked next day air on the shipping.

I hope the 3 1/4" to 3" fits because I gave $67.12 including freight for the one I have sitting on my desk.

Of course it doesn't really matter because I only use money as a reference point anyway. You can ask my kids, anytime they ask for something and I tell them I don't have the money they say just use your plastic.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Just got mine today :D . I'm happy about this cause, now I can put my CAI and brand new K&N filter on

btw Sal, unless you asked for a different kind of reducer or they sold you a different kind of reducer, than the ones you sold me aren't from that company.
MWT since you got yours today also, I'm sure you can tell which ones which.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
left my camera at work but mine doesn't look anything like those. Mine is just a straight blue 3.25 by 3 silicone reducer.
It does say turbo hoses on it.
Mike
B)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It doesn't look anything like the one on the left? The only thing that looks similar is the word "turbo hose" on the side??
I figured it would look exactly the same, except for the color difference.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah atually it does look like the one on the left. I was kind of wiped out last night.

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Damn dude, you should have gone ebay. Wouldn't have been more than 20 bucks. I bought 1 foot of 3" silicone tubing (to cut up to make connectors) for like 27 bucks shipped.

-mobiuslogic

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by mobiuslogic@Sep 22 2004, 10:13 AM
Damn dude, you should have gone ebay. Wouldn't have been more than 20 bucks. I bought 1 foot of 3" silicone tubing (to cut up to make connectors) for like 27 bucks shipped.

-mobiuslogic
I did buy the tubing from ebay pretty cheap. The problem was the adapter to the 3" tubing. The 3" silicone wouldn't fit.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yeah, you'll need a 3.50" - 3.00", Maybe a 3.25" - 3.00" will work but it might be a bit tight. A 3.0" like you descirbed will be VERY tough to get on and probably isn't good for the coupler to be stretched like that.
That's why they make different sizes

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The 3.25 to 3.0 was a tight fit but worked just fine.

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Which is the size for the Vulcan? Is it 3.25 > 3.0? Just wondering ... What is the tube size in the Vulcan? I think its 3.0" right? Anyone in here know about this?

Frank

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I remember right the One I put on my 99 was straight three inch.

Mike
B)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts