Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I own a 98 SHO that has the factory installed silencer alarm. Well its starting to get really annoying. Usually 2 times per night it seems to go off by itself.

Also whenever i lock the car the alarm is supposed to chirp one time. its starting to chirp 2 times now.

Also i think i may know what may be causing the issue. Whenever your in the car driving the door ajar light always stays on. Thinking maybe one of the switches in the latch might be messed up. Im not sure. I dont like alarms but its factory installed or so i think so on this car.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It's a door sensor. It's usually the driver's door. Spray the door latch with WD-40 and lithium grease.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking. So what would cause the alarm to just go off for no reason? Just some wind or something?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I sprayed the Drivers latch with WD-40 and the door ajar light went right out. But the alarm is still chirping twice when you hit the lock button on the remote. It chirps once and then about a second later chirps again. Usually it only chirps once. Is there anything that i can look up for a manual for this?

Only thing that i have read is that if you press lock on the remote twice and the horn beeps twice then the alarm is not armed.

I just tried with pressing the lock button twice. Press the button twice. The alarm chirps once. Then the horn beeped once and then the alarm chirped again. Is all this normal??

I dont feel like waking up again at 2am and 5am in the morning shutting the alarm off when there is no one out there. I know i can just not set the alarm but anytime the doors are locked the alarm is set. I live in a apartment complex and would rather not leave the doors unlocked.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Try wd-40ing all the door latches. usually it should work.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The door ajar light is off now. I need to know how this thing is supposed to chirp whenever you lock the car.
Pressing lock 1 time results in the alarm chirping twice. chirps once after hitting lock and then about a second after the first chirp

Pressing lock 2 times causes the alarm to chirp 1 time, the horn beeps 1 time and then the alarm chirps again.

Before when you pressed lock 2 times the alarm would chirp once and the horn would beep twice and from what info i could find meant the alarm was not armed. But it was still going off on its own.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. As it sits now the horn no longer beeps twice when pressing lock 2 times.

The alarm chirps, horn beeps, then alarm chirps a 2nd time.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Check the hood switch that is in the drivers fender by the battery. The rubber plug in the hood that it presses against rots out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the alarm should not be chirping twice?

How should it be? just 1 chirp when i press lock??
What if i press lock twice what should it do?

Sorry i know nothing about alarms except that I have seen so many cars towed to where i work with alarm failures that i end up cutting the alarm out.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
It is all explained in the owners manual I believe.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
For the Taurus, when you push lock the first time, all doors lock but no sound is made. If you push lock a second time within a short period, the horn will sound once (beep once).

If it beeps twice, something isn't closed or a sensor is off/bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts