Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening. Can someone please explain why my door won't shut at the top? I figured it it was saggy and needed a little tightening but it seems pretty solid as is. When it rains, it leaks. When I'm on the highway, air blows through disrupting my jams. Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,694 Posts
Was the car ever in a major crash and (poorly) repaired?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the condition of the metal rocker panels under the plastic black covers. Was this always like this?

The rocker panels look fine no bulging, rust, holes, nothing. I bought the car about a month ago from a car lot. It was already in that condition but not as bad.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You will need to twist the top window frame in to seal. I have encountered this many times when someone locks their keys in the car and forced the door open far enough to access door lock. Roll the window down before bending the door frame back to fit.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Yep, that looks like someone pried it open and bent it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The top of my driver's door was like that too, but not as bad. I fixed my problem by moving the striker in slightly. The top half of the door now lines up perfectly with the rear driver's door, but the bottom half is now too far in. Not a big deal I guess. Supposedly the door was misaligned when the car was new and probably requires realignment by loosing the hinge bolts, something that I'm not willing to do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The top of my driver's door was like that too, but not as bad. I fixed my problem by moving the striker in slightly. The top half of the door now lines up perfectly with the rear driver's door, but the bottom half is now too far in. Not a big deal I guess. Supposedly the door was misaligned when the car was new and probably requires realignment by loosing the hinge bolts, something that I'm not willing to do.

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
ChesPiece
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing