Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

As the thread title suggests, I am experiencing a shudder from the left wheel while turning left. While turning right, I do not get the shudder.

I've recently had my car in the shop to have the left CV shaft replaced. When I got the car back, the mechanic informed me that my left lower ball joint was loose...I had that replaced two weeks ago and that mechanic claimed to have fixed the issue. Alas, I still have the problem. (though he told me that the other noise (clunking) could be due to stabilizer bar end-links that were "slightly loose")

I am at a loss now...the shop suggested I have new rotors installed as the old ones are "warped." I don't think this is due to the brakes (braking in a straight line does not induce any sort of shudder...only while turning left...if I brake while turning left, the shudder is exaggerated).

My brother-in-law suggests I check the tie-rod-ends. If you agree, might this be something I could do myself? I have limited mechanical skills (in part due to limited availability of tools/space).

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
JordanB)

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whoops...I meant to post this in the Suspension section...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey All,

As the thread title suggests, I am experiencing a shudder from the left wheel while turning left. While turning right, I do not get the shudder.

I've recently had my car in the shop to have the left CV shaft replaced. When I got the car back, the mechanic informed me that my left lower ball joint was loose...I had that replaced two weeks ago and that mechanic claimed to have fixed the issue. Alas, I still have the problem. (though he told me that the other noise (clunking) could be due to stabilizer bar end-links that were "slightly loose")

I am at a loss now...the shop suggested I have new rotors installed as the old ones are "warped." I don't think this is due to the brakes (braking in a straight line does not induce any sort of shudder...only while turning left...if I brake while turning left, the shudder is exaggerated).

My brother-in-law suggests I check the tie-rod-ends. If you agree, might this be something I could do myself? I have limited mechanical skills (in part due to limited availability of tools/space).

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
JordanB)
I don't know to much about the wheels, but wouldn't that be a ball joint type of problem? Have you jacked up your car and see if you can move your wheel around when it isn't on the ground?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts