Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Shoz123's Xcal Tuning

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  bull geek 
#1 ·
michakaveli came downtown tonight. Decided to go ahead and install the tune for my car. So we let the XCAL do its thing, then cranked it up. I let michakaveli drive while I had the laptop for datalogging in passenger seat.

The shifts are firm to say the least...but that is good. I've only floored my car once from a stop since I've owned it...and it never squealed the tires. Tonight however, we got maybe a good second or so of tire squeal, followed by WOW TORQUE STEER. Man that car pulls! The power just keeps coming and coming. No more lazy shifting either, if it thinks it should downshift, BAM downshift. Oh and that quasi-dead spot around 70-80 or so in a Duratec...that's gone :)

And the even better part: All the spark plugs stayed in their respective cylinder head position :woot:

I'm sure michakaveli has some thoughts on the driving experience as well haha.

Paul...you do great work, THANK YOU! :thumb:

#3 ·
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Apr 26 2009, 01:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720636
:thumb:

Working spark plugs are always a good thing[/b]
You are going to enjoy driving it next weekend man. Your secondaries are no match for my split port induction... :D

#5 ·
I always wished that I had bought an XCal and a tune from Paul. Now, I've got an XCal with a custom tune for the Mustang, and it's like night and day. The 93 octane tune is incredible, as I'm sure Paul's is, too. I think the biggest thing is the improved shifts with a tune (not that it matters for me...).

Glad to hear you like it. Just one more success story with Paul's stuff. Also, could the XCal be any easier to tune with? I still haven't datalogged yet, but I will be.

JR

#7 ·
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 26 2009, 03:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720641
QUOTE (soccernamlak @ Apr 26 2009, 01:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720636

Working spark plugs are always a good thing[/b]
You are going to enjoy driving it next weekend man. Your secondaries are no match for my split port induction... :D
[/b][/quote]

This sounds like a challenge :ph34r:

That as responsible TCCA'ers we shall take a to a public track with all safety equipment B)

Anyway, I"m glad you finally got rid of the Xcal as a nice expensive paperweight :D

#8 ·
Sounds like fun, Nick!

Also, I wanted to give thanks Paul for the tune on my SHO.
With the program and the minor mods, it easily pulls a stock GENIII SHO. Might even take a V6 or two..
:ph34r:

#9 ·
#10 ·
After having a different tune on my car for awhile I got a tune from Paul. You can tell that there has been a lot of time in his tunes. I could roast the stock tires after I got his tune in. The 18s not so much. Also very helpful with any problems. He provides great help and info to the community.

Thanks for it all Paul.

#13 ·
My only question is if the Taurus is no more (Accident/Imploded Trans), Can I use the Xcal3 on another car? I love my Taurus and all, but I would hate to drop some cash on a sweet tuner and then have the car die the next day.

#14 ·
The Ford X3 covers mustangs, F series trucks, Expedition, Excursion, Explorer, Focus, Lincoln LS, Marauder, Crown Vics, New thunderbird, and the GT. Thats just the preloaded tunes. I'd get a custom one for the car being installed on though.

#15 ·
The preloaded tunes are stock SCT tunes. Not what I put in one.

But should you gravitate away from the Taurus or get another one the original car can be set back to stock and the flasher can be used on another car with a new tune for that car. You can do this 5 times.

#17 ·
I'll go make a video demonstration of stock versus tune tomorrow :) The headrest camera mount works perfectly for this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.