Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am new to this club and I love Mercury's and Ford's!

I actually own a '96 Ford Taurus LX
Interior Purple and its a floor shifter.
Its pretty rough but I am getting there!

I also own a 02 Mercury Sable GS
Interior Tan and its a column shifter.

I was looking for some examples I could follow to make my Taurus or Sable HOT!! I saw a cool mod that I wanted to do to my Taurus' taillights but not sure of how much light it would output.

So if you all would be kind enough I would like some pics and please 1-4 gen please!

Happy posting lets bring this community together and bring the good ol' taurus back the well made one! Not the cheap old plastic they use today :-D. :lol2: B) ;)

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Hey, I am new to this club and I love Mercury's and Ford's!

I actually own a '96 Ford Taurus LX
Interior Purple and its a floor shifter.
Its pretty rough but I am getting there!

I also own a 02 Mercury Sable GS
Interior Tan and its a column shifter.

I was looking for some examples I could follow to make my Taurus or Sable HOT!! I saw a cool mod that I wanted to do to my Taurus' taillights but not sure of how much light it would output.

So if you all would be kind enough I would like some pics and please 1-4 gen please!

Happy posting lets bring this community together and bring the good ol' taurus back the well made one! Not the cheap old plastic they use today :-D. :lol2: B) ;)

As much as I would love to post all my mods and show you pictures :D I am going to have to ask you to look at my garage or my Dec 2007 COTM post since there are more mods than space here. :lol2: I would recomend you think twice though about any mods to your tail lights. You want others to see those lights when they come on, I wouldnt recomend tinting them at all. Some cities around here (Cleveland Ohio) are comming down on smoked tail lights and even ticketing people for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As much as I would love to post all my mods and show you pictures :D I am going to have to ask you to look at my garage or my Dec 2007 COTM post since there are more mods than space here. :lol2: I would recomend you think twice though about any mods to your tail lights. You want others to see those lights when they come on, I wouldnt recomend tinting them at all. Some cities around here (Cleveland Ohio) are comming down on smoked tail lights and even ticketing people for it.
Holy crap.

That car is like heaven on wheels. I bet that took time and money to make a wagon look like that! Thing looks better than the modern ones on the road! I am prob going to add LED strips also to my headlights and I wasn't thinking of tinting more of like this.

From USER Daren E.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Holy crap.

That car is like heaven on wheels. I bet that took time and money to make a wagon look like that! Thing looks better than the modern ones on the road! I am prob going to add LED strips also to my headlights and I wasn't thinking of tinting more of like this.

From USER Daren E.
A better invitation - post mods that are one-of-a-kind - only taurus known with that mod - this will reveal what creative things guys are doing to thier SLO's or SHO's

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
My "unique" mod's are mostly cosmetic. Mostly lighting...mostly blue. I think I have an obsession with them lol.

Lighted Logo Doorsills,
Blue LED strip over instrument cluster,
Blue LED underglow, [not totally unique, interior/exterior but pretty rare]
Hotwired accessories to three [blue] toggle switches on my dash.

I've thrown a lot into the wiring of the car, but most things I have removed as well. I didn't like my amp setup, nor my CAI setup. Since I mostly hang with my friends at night I went more for lighting effects though.

I'm saving for a project now that will blow everyone out of the water though. :p

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
A better invitation - post mods that are one-of-a-kind - only taurus known with that mod - this will reveal what creative things guys are doing to thier SLO's or SHO's

FordMercury, THANKS, actually any single mod is LESS THAN $125.00. I try to do everything on a budget and even try to make my own mods instead of just buying something off a shelf and bolting it on. I would guess that I have less than $1000 total spent on mods, though the hours I have put into the car are more than I would want to count.
BTW, I would think twice about the strip LED lights. I have gone through 2 sets now with bulbs taking a stone and getting knocked out. I am working on another idea for my headlights this winter, I hope it works and looks as good as I think it will when done.

grailgolf, most of the mods on the wagon are either one of a kind or the first of its kind and the best compliment is seeing someone else copy or improve on something I have tried.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here - I'll throw my hat in the ring

The GL has quite a few mods but to my knowledge the only racing x-member built inside my long subframe connectors. Makes the car so stiff that driving up a small curb sideways gets me on 3 wheels.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dont know how many SLO's have an extrude honed Ranger intake so I'll throw that in also:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Here - I'll throw my hat in the ring

The GL has quite a few mods but to my knowledge the only racing x-member built inside my long subframe connectors. Makes the car so stiff that driving up a small curb sideways gets me on 3 wheels.
lol mine does this too!

·
Registered
191 Posts
not that modded yet. its a 04

cheap wallmart driving lights, but they do a good job of lighting up the sides of the road No photos yet but i have two Lanzar VW12Ds in the sealed boxes in the trunk and got some mach tweeters from the junk yard everything on my ride is stock. future mods.
turbo. its been sitting in my garage for the longest and its brand new so why not put it to use
E55 Hella projector retrofit
center console swap
lowering kit/ sway bars
rear disk brake swap

Oh yeah i did clean the car after that photo:D

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I've got the only SHO lookalike this color: pretty unique.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
very nice but it needs a skateboard!

as for my car mods, troxelfied intake and 98-99 cupholder, yes, I need more

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I have a skateboard, painted to match too! Just need to figure out where exactly it mounts.

·
Registered
260 Posts
heres a couple of mine. My car is being but on airbags in a few weeks will post up a pics here for you all to see. Sitting on 18" helo wheels 225/40. Custom intake and custom magnaflow exhaust is really it for motor mods. most mine are electrical or cosmetic.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow, double sun visors. B) That's a new one for me.
I have them stock :p

You have a really nice bull there

and as for the racing harness, isn't it pointless without rollover protection?

·
Registered
260 Posts
yes it is pointless but in my opinion his is abit more unsafe im my eyes as the harness isnt actually bolted to the car directly like mine is at the back.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts