Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an aftermarket cd player hooked up,and its connected thru the rcu with a metra kit.it sounds decent.speakers were also replaced with some pretty good kenwoods while retaining the stock speaker wiring.Im thinking of just bypassing the rcu and rewiring the speakers straight to my deck.is this a good idea or not?

i just think it might sound way better going straight to the speakers.also is the stock amplifier still hooked up the way it is now?am i just better off getting an 4ch amp and hooking them up directly to it?

·
Registered
701 Posts
How did you run an aftermarket cd player/head unit through the RCU? It should've bypassed it all together.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The RCU is bypassed when you install an aftermarket deck. The box in the trunk is the RCU and it's more than just an amp. It's the actual head unit with the radio tuner and signal processor. The thing with all the buttons in the dash is a fancy remote control for the RCU.

The wiring isn't much of a problem. An aftermarket amp would help a lot more than upgrading the wiring.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think what he's saying is the headunit is wired to the rcu then to the speakers, using the metra kit to adapt the headunit to the factory wiring.

I'd use a 4 channel amp in place of the rcu.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I think what he's saying is the headunit is wired to the rcu then to the speakers, using the metra kit to adapt the headunit to the factory wiring

He just explained clear and simple that this cant be done.

The RCU is bypassed when you install an aftermarket deck. The box in the trunk is the RCU and it's more than just an amp. It's the actual head unit with the radio tuner and signal processor. The thing with all the buttons in the dash is a fancy remote control for the RCU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts