Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so replaced with a dorman and right away motor stumbles at idle. check and its allowing vacuum to pass a little at idle to egr unplug egr vac and stumble goes away .. i repaired the oem one mount tab was broke and reinstalled and its working and no vacuum at idle too egr so bad dorman vac solenoid right????

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Since we Aren't to have EGR at idle, I agree with your findings, sounds like a faulty Dorman part.
Consider trying a BWD brand, they make OEM parts, so their quality system has to be up to OEM standards.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My satisfaction with Dorman parts is declining. They have some innovative and hard to find parts, but quality seems to be slipping as they try to meet price point by outsourcing overseas.

·
Super Moderator
7,956 Posts
^^^^ Agree 100%. A few years ago I bought a Dorman fuel door spring (pops open the fuel door) to replace the broken one on my 95 Taurus winter beater. It broke after 1 week at the first fill up with the new spring. Found some spring steel in my piles of junk and made my own replacement part that works perfectly and will likely outlast the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts