Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My imagination was running wild one day while i was getting parts for my bull, when it hit me. Would stiffer mustang shocks fit on my bull? I found out that they are the same part number, and was wondering about the physics of the whole deal. I'm sure in 97, the mustangs were lighter [ my car weighs 4722 lbs. and my friend has a 99 that is 100 lbs. lighter :angry: ] How stiff will the ride get if i put new shocks on a 10 year old taurus with just under 100k miles on it? How bout shocks and springs?

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
My imagination was running wild one day while i was getting parts for my bull, when it hit me. Would stiffer mustang shocks fit on my bull? I found out that they are the same part number, and was wondering about the physics of the whole deal. I'm sure in 97, the mustangs were lighter [ my car weighs 4722 lbs. and my friend has a 99 that is 100 lbs. lighter :angry: ] How stiff will the ride get if i put new shocks on a 10 year old taurus with just under 100k miles on it? How bout shocks and springs?
[/b]

The Taurus wagon uses shocks in the rear, struts in front. The sedans use struts at all 4 corners. Mustangs use struts in front and shocks in the rear. I looked up part number for both and did not find a match between Mustangs and Taurus... I don't know where you are getting your info.

The Taurus weighs around 3300lbs.... not close to 5000lbs. 4700lbs would be around the total load rating, not the vehicle weight. (3200lbs + 1500lbs cargo/passengers)

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Calm down Luke, he's from Georgia, they have them there NASCAR parts books that have crossover part numbers for every car.
[/b]

I also looked at pictures of the struts... they are not interchangeable. Shocks maybe. But that's only if he has a wagon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not a wagon, and i got my info from a guy down at advance auto parts, who apparently is a tard. I shall now remove said info from my sig, and go beat that guy with an 1 1/4" wrench :glare: thank you for the info guys, much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts