Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What: 2004 Chicago Auto Show

Who: ANYONE! We'd love to see some Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin and Iowa people here.

When: Feburary 7th, 2004/ 9:00 AM

Where: Streets of Woodfield, Galyans parking lot (Address: 601 N Martingale Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173-5903)

What to Bring: Money for tickets/ gas/ food, yourself, and a FRS radio if you have one. (Tune to channel 11 when you get within a mile of the meeting space and we'll funnel you in to where we are.)

We will be meeting up at 9:00 am at the Galyans North entrance. Just look for SHOs and a GTP.
At 9:30 we will depart en route to The Auto show.

I understand that caravans get broken up, so everyone will be provided a map and a list of some small things you can do to keep the caravan together.

We want a huge turnout to this guys, so if you can make it, get on down!

NOTE: SLO & SHO owners alike are invited to this. A SHO isn't a required item.

·
Registered
106 Posts
99% sure ill be there!

I gotta work till 11pm on the 6th then drive three hours to my parents house, then I will make the 45 min trek to Galyans the next morning.

Adam!

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I'm gonna try and make it there. According to map quest its 51 minutes-35.90 miles. Most of thats gotta be on getting to the expressway.
Do you know when/where you might be parked when you get to the autoshow, incase I can't make it to Galyans, I can drive straight to the show and meet up there. Thanks

Nick Saturday

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
There are parking garages on MLK, right next to the McCormick Center. Check out ChicagoAutoShow.com It's easiest to get to McCormick off of Laskeshore from the Dan Ryan.

Schaumburg????? That's on the other side of town! It would be MUCH easier for anyone coming off of I-80 to meet somewhere near Orland Park, and go straight up the Dan Ryan.

If I can get the wife's permission, I will probably set up a meeting somewhere on the south side, if it's alright with you guys.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Hey Silva if you can get one on the South Side (Orland Park for example) I would definately be in if you dont mind a 16yo coming.
Much closer, and much easier for me to get to. I live on the south side (Beverly) close by Oak Lawn, Evergreen Park, Mount Greenwood, Morgan Park, and frequent Crestwood, Orland, Orland Park and other places that way while just taking a cruise.

Nick Saturday

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I am going, just got the okay from the Mrs.

Mindy's on corner of 191st. and La Grange (rt. 45) in Mokena, IL

It is just south of Exit 145 on I-80. Take rt. 45 south to the stop light, Mind's is on the NW corner of the intersection.

Time: 9:00 am

I will bring maps for everyone.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Silva, do you know of anyone else that is going to Mindy's? Is there anything in particular to bring, walkie talkies for example? I guess I should try and bring a video camera, I dont think I will have a camera man though, maybe set up the tripod in the car or something... I will of course bring a regular camera and rolls of film since I dont have a digital cam yet. You wont mind a 16yo coming will you? (that would be me)

Edited-Also what about people from SHOcago who may not make the drive to schaumburg, maybe I, or you, of course with ur ok, could make mention of this. I'm still trying to get background on whats going on, be it if you dont mind my coming.

Nick Saturday

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Jan 30 2004, 02:49 PM
Sidenote: check this out. it's from the 1990 chicago auto show.

that's a T-bird on the left, and a beautiful taurus on the right.
hard to believe thats 1990,looks like a chessy early 80's movie.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by SaturdaysVulcan@Feb 2 2004, 04:29 PM
Silva, do you know of anyone else that is going to Mindy's? Is there anything in particular to bring, walkie talkies for example? I guess I should try and bring a video camera, I dont think I will have a camera man though, maybe set up the tripod in the car or something... I will of course bring a regular camera and rolls of film since I dont have a digital cam yet. You wont mind a 16yo coming will you? (that would be me)

Edited-Also what about people from SHOcago who may not make the drive to schaumburg, maybe I, or you, of course with ur ok, could make mention of this. I'm still trying to get background on whats going on, be it if you dont mind my coming.

Nick Saturday
yeah, you can come man. So far, it's just you and me, plus a friend I am bringing. I would just bring a camera, unless you really want vids of the cars. I'm not really a camera person, so I don't usually bring anything (plus I am going again the next weekend, so if I find something I like, I'll bring the camera then).

Anyone who wants to meet on the south side with us, is welcome to come to mindy's.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'd go too but thats a bit out of the way too....... galayans is a bit out of the way but perhaps doable. Hmm..... I guess i'll decide the day before

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
hey mikey, when do you think that you'll be in the McCormick center? 10:30ish, or closer to 11:00? The south sider's could meet you guys in the main foyer just before you enter the auto show. Just let us know what time you think you'll be in.

Xman, I understand. just meet us in the foyer if you don't want to come all the way up or down. The Mokena group should be there around 10:30.

If anyone needs my cellphone number, PM me and I'll send it to you.

peace.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Coolness. Due to a limited budget this week my boss cut everyone's hours. I actually got Saturday off! I'll be there. Also got an extra radio for anyone that needs one (you'll have to give it back though
).

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Xee you going to Galyans, Mindys, or just meeting up with everyone there?

Nick Saturday

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by SaturdaysVulcan@Feb 5 2004, 03:36 PM
Xee you going to Galyans, Mindys, or just meeting up with everyone there?

Nick Saturday
I'll be heading over to Galyans since it's only like 10 min from my house.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts