Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving in pretty heavy rain today and noticed that above 80 mph my SHO wiper arm actually does worse than the one i pulled off last summer it lifts away from the windshield and skips water. i am just wondering if any of you other guys with the SHO wiper arm have experienced similar results?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (sable23 @ Mar 24 2009, 02:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711707
i was driving in pretty heavy rain today and noticed that above 80 mph my SHO wiper arm actually does worse than the one i pulled off last summer it lifts away from the windshield and skips water. i am just wondering if any of you other guys with the SHO wiper arm have experienced similar results?[/b]
Maybe it's because of the difference in aerodynamics between your car and a G3 Taurus...

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I use Rain-X and at 80 mph the wipers would not be worth turning on.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
wtb rain-x

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
About the Rainx, I find it wears out pretty quick... And you need a good set of wipers to clear off the water at lower speeds and even the odd time you use them on the highway... If you don't have a good set of wipers, the Rainx makes the water streak alot more I find...

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I've never considered the SHO arms cause my stock ones have never been a problem for me. Even with my $3.99 K-Mart wiper blades that aren't even the right size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts