Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a good set of track tires for my Sable. Will any of the SHO wheels fit the Sable? I have seen Gen 2 wheels on non-Sho cars but what about the larger tire size of the Gen 3? Will I run into problems?

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Dec 20 2003, 04:24 PM
I am thinking about buying a good set of track tires for my Sable. Will any of the SHO wheels fit the Sable? I have seen Gen 2 wheels on non-Sho cars but what about the larger tire size of the Gen 3? Will I run into problems?

Thanks
It will fit -

just make sure you get the stock size tire for the
SHO wheels which is 225-55r16.

·
Registered
208 Posts
SHO wheels on a SLO??

Check my sig pic. I have slight rubbing but nothing to be concerned about. im running 225/55/r16z Toyo Proxie FZ-4. PM me if you have any questions

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I have a slight rubbing in the same spot as my last Gen IV Taurus. It is the right rear well on the back side. I just have to take a grinder to it and some touch-up paint and all will be good. If you don't have a sub-system or often put more than 2 people in your car it won't ever be a problem though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Dec 23 2003, 01:57 AM
They fit fine, from any gen. If you have a lowered green car they'll look ugly though.

damn, im looking for the :finger: and I can't find it Bob....

little prick

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
You've surely seen the 99 Sable LS cars running around with factory 16" SHO wheels. It was kind of a rare option but not hard to spot if you are looking for it. I am thinking of doing that mod to my car if I can find a decent deal on some.

I hear ya though. The stock rims on the Sable are almost as ugly as steel wheels. I'd love to just paint mine black for now so nobody sees, but I could probably get something for them if I tried to sell them, so I'll leave them for now.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Dec 20 2003, 06:24 PM

Thanks
now why would u wanna go and do that? newbs.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Holy shite Mario! You dug up such and old freaking thread. At first, I saw that James posted it, and was like "James has slicers...why the hell would he be asking this question"...then I saw the date!

JR

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
im goin on a post ***** streak, tryin to get to number 25 where greg currently resides. like 2 more posts and i win. and i decided to be fun and get an oldy.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by SableOHC+Nov 29 2005, 11:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SableOHC @ Nov 29 2005, 11:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bob Gervais@Dec 22 2003, 10:57 PM
They fit fine, from any gen.  If you have a lowered green car they'll look ugly though.  :p  :D
Hey, hey, no bad vibes :p

Lowered green Sable with SHO wheels :nutkick: [/b][/quote]
full pics of your car plz?? :x: Ive always wanted to see it.

B

·
0 Posts
Man, what does it take for you people to understand? Send me $10, and I'll make your post count whatever you want it to be. For $20, I'll increase your PC, and lower another member's too!

Er, this doesn't sound like I'm exploiting the admin power does it? :noes: :blink:

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
ill just get jason boozed up and ban most of the people infront of me :)

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Originally posted by FFVulcanPowah+Nov 29 2005, 10:29 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FFVulcanPowah @ Nov 29 2005, 10:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2005, 11:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Bob Gervais
@Dec 22 2003, 10:57 PM
They fit fine, from any gen.  If you have a lowered green car they'll look ugly though.  :p  :D

Hey, hey, no bad vibes :p

Lowered green Sable with SHO wheels :nutkick:
full pics of your car plz?? :x: Ive always wanted to see it. [/b][/quote]

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Mario, would Jason really fall for that trick???? :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
would he.. hahaha
oh yes he would