Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
none really....it's a weird thing what ford did with sho's and plus model's...supposedly the plus's were supposed to get a fiberglass hood...rear spoiler....and a fully loaded interior....every option....depends what part of 91 the car was made is whether or not they got a rod shifter or a cable shifter....i think pre-may 91 the car got a cable shifter...post-may got a rod shifter...and 91 was the only year for the plus option...hope that helps if more info is need go over to shoforum there was a discussion on this a few weeks ago

·
Registered
663 Posts
Ford probably made the SHO Plus to unload some of the spare parts they had lying around because the 92-95 redesign was coming. The spoiler and the fiberglass hood were probably added to attract customers who otherwise would not have bought a fully loaded SHO.

Honda usually does this to their cars whenever they are soon to be redesigned... Honda calls them the "Special Editions" e.g. Accord Special Edition (Accord LX with EX amenities minus VTEC motor).

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
nope same mirrors....even the regular taurus and the SHO share the same mirrors <_<

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
between the doors is the B Column. The A column is where the front door meets the front windsheild. just FYI.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Feb 4 2004, 01:03 PM
between the doors is the B Column. The A column is where the front door meets the front windsheild. just FYI.

-Dan
Cool, thanks. This link says that the B pillars (as well as C) were first painted Black on the Plus's. W00t, my memory works!

B

·
0 Posts
All Plus models had the plastic hood, spoiler, black B pillars, and most had the rod shifter due to production times. Like Tman said, some did not. Also as Tman said, they were fully optioned.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Plus:

Always have Fiberglass hoods, though many non-plus also got this
Blacked out B pillars
Black sideview mirrors rather than painted on the non-plus
Body color trim moldings rather than black on the non-plus
Chrome ring around windows rather than black on non-plus
Spoiler

Every SHO after 6/91 received a rod shifter

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
All emerald Green SHO's 1991 where SHO+. The Taurus badge on the trunk is painted body color. Not all SHO Plus's were fully optioned either. My brother in law's SHO+ has the cloth-leather seats instead of all leather seats. His SHO is two months older than mine so he has the cable shifter, while I have the rod shifter.

http://www.shotimes.com/php-bin/modules.ph...&thold=0&sid=20

Some SHO's like mine that are not plus still came with the plastic hood. The first time I went to a SHOCal meeting 12 years ago was the first time that I knew that my SHO had the plastic hood.

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts