Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me as long as it runs well!
That is pretty decent mileage. The key thing I always hear to look for in the V6 SHOs is to make sure the 60k mileage maintenance was done as well as the 120k maintenance (same as 60k IIRC, but since it's right there, you could have it done if it wasn't already). I was actually sort of planning to get a gen 2 SHO sometime this summer maybe, so I'd be in the same boat as you as far as having a SHO play car and SLO daily driver.

Sorry, got sidetracked - I don't know a whole lot about SHO trannys - but AFAIK the manuals will last quite a while as long as they are treated well and have fluids changed regularly - it's all about maintenance with our cars, of course, I'm sure you know that.

Good luck!

·
Registered
887 Posts
My uncle had something like 180,000 miles on his original clutch when his 1989 SHO finally died! (Of course the clutch wasn't excactly working like new by then, but it still counts!)

B

·
0 Posts
The SHO MTX isn't nearly as unreliable as the ATX from the same era. As long as you don't pull holeshots and burnouts with it, it will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts