Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. If you're going to do it, I'm all for it. But I mean, come on...
at least try to get it in the right spot. <_<

Attachments

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
ok what is wrong on this picture the wing ?

cuz i must be dumb i dont see anything else?

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
sorry guys but imo, the skateboard really does not go with the lines of those cars. i know they look like ex-tra lg. jelly beans, but they do have really nice lines, i would much rather see a full length wing on there.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Craddosk@Aug 27 2004, 12:17 AM
i thought u weren't aloud to drive Racer X......:p
I'll know when the judge hands me down my sentence... or something like that. :blink:

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Originally posted by rudedog@Aug 27 2004, 01:31 AM
sorry guys but imo, the skateboard really does not go with the lines of those cars. i know they look like ex-tra lg. jelly beans, but they do have really nice lines, i would much rather see a full length wing on there.
I agreee, I prefer a full spoiler, like on my 98 SE

G

·
Originally posted by EDIII+Aug 27 2004, 04:55 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EDIII @ Aug 27 2004, 04:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rudedog@Aug 27 2004, 01:31 AM
I agreee, I prefer a full spoiler, like on my 98 SE

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=140806&toggle=fullsize&f=.jpg' alt='' width='1600' height='1200' class='attach' />[/url] [/b][/quote]
That's a cool spoiler! :)

Hamal, maybe they're using the spoiler to tie something down, and the bunge cords were'nt long enough to put the spoiler at the rear. :lol:

FWIW too, yes the SHO spoiler looks a little funny, I've heard all sorts of things about the 97, "nice skateboard, what's with the maxi-pad?" :lol: It is, however, functional with the body lines of the car. Ford actually spent a little time on this, and made it functional.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I remember the first time I saw a newer SHO, my friend sitting in the car next to me all of a sudden shouted and pointed, 'What the *bleep* is that? It looks like the car took a *bleep* and forgot to wipe it's *bleep*.' :blink: I'm not a fan of those spoilers. I like the one on that red taurus someone just posted though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
People thought the spoiler on SVO Mustangs were stupid too, they were also wrong. Bigger Spoiler-lesser motor, or Lesser Spoiler- V8, not a real hard decision, now is it ??

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the car but no, I still won't think the spoiler looks cool. The topic was the spoiler, no? And on top of that it's on a car that doesn't have the V8 in this thread. :\ And it's not like you can't... You know, replace the spoiler on a SHO with something better looking. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nah, I really don't. I really like the one on EDIII's Taurus. If you're gonna have a spoiler, in my opinion, it should span the entire rear of the car, meeting up with the fenders smoothly. To each his own, you know. With the stripes, honestly, it looks better than just plain, enough to where I don't think it looks ugly anymore. And it also tends to depend upon the color of the car and such. What I think might look cool is /two/ of those, side by side, across the back. I think it'd fit. Kinda like a twin tailed cargo plane, like on Tale Spin.

Edit: Yours looks longer than I thought at first glance. It wouldn't fit double... I swear I've seen one that wasn't smooth like that, kinda angly, and real small. Maybe my memory's just failing in my old age. (20.) :D

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Originally posted by sable-gs@Aug 27 2004, 09:34 PM
why did ford make two different size's any way's??
This is based of teh Bob's reply the SHO spoiler is supposedly areodynamically tuned to the car for downforce (over my head...) Where as mine is just to look pretty and make you think it adds 50 hp (no, not really...)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts