Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Mazda626 forum, there is a guy that is putting a Yamaha SHO engine in his 626. I thought some of you guys (or gals) might be interested in following his progress just for fun.

Here's the link: Mazda626.net SHO Link

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Looks like he's already finished. Now he's going to sell kits to do the same thing in a weekend. :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Too easy, we can do that too though if you want. But I'd like more of a challenge. How about a 3.8 sc awd contour or something. Think crazy, then call us with a fistfull of dollars. Or buy something we've already done for cheaper.

X

·
0 Posts
I wonder if it will be more reliable since it is in a more reliable car...j/k :p

Looking good on the swap. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just like the 626 as a better car. I mean, it's way more comfortable and everything. No offense but, I wouldn't even have touched the sho engine if ford had made it.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Holy s***e!! :eek:
That's insanity man. Insanity. :ph34r: It's also fuggin' genious! :thumb: :thumb: for this project!!

Oh, and the smoke may be because you're running so rich, since you don't have an IRCM right now. IRCM being the smallish silver box that controls , well, pretty much everything under there. :lol:

You can get one new at AutoZone for about $45 or so. Just make sure it's from the same year as the car you pulled everything out of.

·
Registered
394 Posts
How simple is the swap? Does the engine fit the stock subframe (I think the 626 has one), motor mounts and all? How much modification is required? Is this particular 626 automatic or manual? What year 626 will this kit work for?

Guys, if I'm not mistaken, the 626 is much lighter than the Taurus. The power/weight ratio on this is going to be unbelievable. Throw on that supercharger for the yamaha, and this thing is going to fly. Plus, they have many body kits for this car. The Taurus's Japanese cousin finally gets some balls! This makes me want to get a 626 now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts