Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not in need of a set yet but I have been keeping my eye out for a set becuase I would like to have sdome head work done this spring or end of winter, but obviously I can't get head work done without having proper replacement gaskets for the heads. does anyone make custome gaskets? how would I go about getting a new set, why were they discontinued? lack of need?

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
both josh at shonut and mikey at midwestsho have headgaskets for sale. They are stock though and i'm not sure if that's what your looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh wow I didn't realize that they still offered headgaskets for the 3.2 I must have just missed it when I was going through :punchbob:

I don't see why stock would be a problem, to my knowlege thats what everyone uses

·
Registered
350 Posts
Correction... Both Josh and Mikey are completely out of these as well as the upper gasket kits. :(

I have not had a chance to remove the kit from the website yet.

According to the Ford locating service, there are only 38 sets left in the country.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Why are the 3.2 Head Gaskets so rare?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by mrclean@Sep 20 2004, 10:17 PM
Why are the 3.2 Head Gaskets so rare?
90% of the gaskets on the 3.0 are usable on the 3.2. It's my understanding that most don't recognize the 3.0/ 3.2 as two seperate motors and just offer parts for the 3.0s. You can still get everything aftermarket for the 3.0s, just not the 3.2s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts