Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
I'm sure that they would work as long as the SHO has the same transmission.

I took my car in for a bearing replacement and they ended up replacing the right halfshaft as well. Unfortunately, they looked at the sideskirts on my station wagon which say "SHO." I thought that it was weird when I saw an ABS ring on my axle (I don't have ABS) the next time I put it on a lift to change the oil though.

Sure enough, I talked to the mechanics and they looked up the part for a SHO instead of for an LX model. (I guess you couldn't get a SHO without ABS even if you wanted to, which is why they put that particular axle on my car.)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I'm sure that they would work as long as the SHO has the same transmission.

I took my car in for a bearing replacement and they ended up replacing the right halfshaft as well. Unfortunately, they looked at the sideskirts on my station wagon which say "SHO." I thought that it was weird when I saw an ABS ring on my axle (I don't have ABS) the next time I put it on a lift to change the oil though.

Sure enough, I talked to the mechanics and they looked up the part for a SHO instead of for an LX model. (I guess you couldn't get a SHO without ABS even if you wanted to, which is why they put that particular axle on my car.)
Some axles have the ABS ring regardless that way 1 model covers both configurations.

The SHO's transmission is similar but it is still different. As stated it is based off of length.

^ I thought there was a length discrepancy? Didnt gen2 shos come with the ax4n?
No it was AXOD-E. It is still based off of length and it could be possible for an ATX SHO to fit but I am not sure.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
The only difference between the AX4S in the SHO and my car for the '95 model year was the final drive ratio. The halfshafts should be a direct swap. (I'm sure this follows if the SHO had the AX4S in the '94 model year.)

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Autozone website is showing the same part#s for a 94 3.2 auto sho and for a 95 3.0 auto slo equipped with abs? They differ for the non-abs 95 slo (maybe just the tone ring?).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.