Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've picked up two sets of fuel injectors from two different SHO's. Both had the 3.2 Yamaha engine and unfortunately it appears that they might have different injectors. The first was a '93 and it had Denso 19550 2630 Purple colored injectors and the second set are from a '94 when have Denso 19550 1960 pink injectors. The references I've been able to find say that the '93-'95 3.2's should use the same injectors but this doesn't appear to be accurate...
I can't find a good source to tell me flow rates on these Denso injectors, any help would be appreciated.
My goal is to use the injectors for a cheap MPI set up on an old Bronco, and was hoping to make a set of eight as they are pretty cheap at the salvage yard. Unfortunatley I think that unless someone can help ID these injectors I'll have to keep looking.

Help?

Dan

·
Registered
695 Posts
You might want to try this question over at SHOforum.

·
Registered
96 Posts
there are slight diffrences between the 3.0 injectors and the 3.2's. did one set come from an auto and the other from a stick? the flow rating between the two is really small. anyway, if your installing them for high perfomance reasons, they should atleast be check for flow ballance (and cleaned). when it comes down to it, if you have how many you need that flow the same, your set, pn# be damned. Peace_Corey

G

·
If memory serves correct, V6 SHO injectors are rated at 24#. You may want to check with Alberto at American Motorsport. He should know, or be able to find out the info you need.

I'm also pretty sure that SHO injectors are a unique style, meaning they don't fit any other fuel rails besides the SHO. If you're custom fabbing, no biggie, but there are a lot of options for Ford injectors. 5.0 Mustangs used 19#, as well as some years of the police package Taurus. I have some 21# injectors from a police package Taurus. I only have 6, but if they'll help you let me know. I don't have a use for them any more.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The SHO injectors are the only Ford application ever to use that style. The MTX injectors are rated at 24.6lbs/hr and the ATX are rated at 24.4lbs/hr. They will not work in any other application unless custom fitted.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
If you're looking for more fuel, I've got Ford brown top injectors out of a turbo coupe t'bird in my Volvo, they're rated at 35 Lb/Hr @ 2.5 Bar fuel pressure (37 Psi). There's a lot of other injectors out there with more potential than those SHO injectors. Unless you're using them because they fit right for your project, it may be easier to grab something else.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Originally posted by 93 Sable@Sep 14 2004, 09:56 PM
If you're looking for more fuel, I've got Ford brown top injectors out of a turbo coupe t'bird in my Volvo, they're rated at 35 Lb/Hr @ 2.5 Bar fuel pressure (37 Psi). There's a lot of other injectors out there with more potential than those SHO injectors. Unless you're using them because they fit right for your project, it may be easier to grab something else.
Keep in mind that you want to go with the smallest injector acceptable for the power you're making. Larger injectors are typically lower impedence and are hard on the injector drivers. As well, they are sloppy at idle and low load situations making tuning a chore.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mikey is right 100% I am making 300 hp on stock 19# injectors in my 5.0. You would also need a tuner to Lean it WAY out as I believe she would run PIG rich. I am only going to step up to 24s when my new heads go on the car and that will be plenty. I should be in the 350 HP range with 24s and AFRs. Most F/I applications will only use a 30# unless its a real beast or cranking TONS of boost where 42s or larger are needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts