Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was driving on a highway to this big car meet. I was halfway until I realized I forgot my camera. So I turned around and maybe five mintues later I saw this 3rd generation red SHO that I seen about four or five times around my block. I had to meet this SHO guy so I u turned again but I got caught in a red light. I lost him and I was looking for him down the highway and then a couple of lights later, I found him and I was right behind him. I dont know if he saw me or not. Im guessing he did because everybody can since the RAGE coming by. So we turned left at this light and I got in front of him and I stopped on this back road and I waved at him to stop but he just waved back at me and smiled and the chase begin again til we got to a stop sign. We both rolled down our windows and it was an older man. I said to him that his car was a beauty and I told him about TCCA and he didnt know what it was. I told him to go to taurusclub.com. So he said he will check it out. He also told me he had a Borla exhaust with the sho tips. Hopefully, we can recruit this guy into the southern chapter. We need more Taurus members in Houston.

Cliff Notes
1. Driving to car meet
2. Forgot camera and u turned
3. Saw SHO and followed him
4. Told him about TCCA

·
Registered
89 Posts
I see a few nice taurus's driving around western mass, some even SHOs, but I would feel like an idiot stopping and telling them nice car seeing most of the people that drive taurus's ( around here anyways ) are soccer moms or elders.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean. I seen some older people driving these 3rd gen shos and Im wondering if they know what their driving but this guy seems to know what it is plus he had exhaust.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I think the two Gen 3 SHOs around here are drove by older guys, well one guy sold his. Im not sure who he sold it to though.

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts
Define "old". I turned 53 2 months ago, and still enjoy lighting them up for a block or so in my modded 86 Tbird 5.0 or my modded 88 Turbo Coupe, or windiig both of them up to 140+ mph. Really pisses off some of the neighbors :)

Old is just a state of mind.

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I tend to see a lot more "experienced" drivers in SHOs. There's a lady around here that drives a white 99 SHO who is about 3000 years old. Hopefully the estate sale will be heavily publicized. :makeadeal:

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts
The other day I told the wife I would give my left nut to find a low mielage, good condition rust free G1 or G2 SHO. She called me a sick bastard. At least you guys understand.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Notice the words in bold in the first two quotes:
I know what you mean. I seen some older people driving these 3rd gen shos and Im wondering if they know what their driving but this guy seems to know what it is plus he had exhaust.
[/b]
I think the two Gen 3 SHOs around here are drove by older guys, well one guy sold his. Im not sure who he sold it to though.
[/b]
Ok, so how does Jose get away with it but I dont. We said the same thing!! lol. but I said older, which means older than me and Im only 19
<div class='quotemain'>
I never said old.
[/b]
I know you never said old, but Ethan did :)
[/b][/quote]

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Compared to you youngins, everyone is older. *hobbles away using a walker*

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
It's way off topic, but I find myself at the point where 40+ seems old, 20-30 seems like my peers, and half the population between 7 and 17 are evil little brats and evil punk teenagers.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I dont think 40+ is old, I think you should say at least 60+ to say old. but some people live to 110 or older so 60 is not even old for them

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Well not old, but I consider them "adults"

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
there is a black 97 sho in town and i keep on tellin the lady to check out the site but i dont think she has or will

1 - 19 of 19 Posts