Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The V8 in my 96 SHO has blown another head gasket. Will any of the V6's (including computer) bolt straight in as a replacement? Love my car and dont want to get rid if I can fix her.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
See if you can score another 3.4 V8, welded of course and throw in new head gaskets. Or try doing those on your current V8.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
It would be cheaper and easier to just fix your engine rather than put another one in, especially if you want to swap to a different engine. If you go that route, you'd be better off to just sell your car and buy another one. Trust me, i swapped the vulcan for the tec, and i'd never do it again. It would be even more blasphemous taking out the SHO engine to put in something less.... like taking a mustang GT and dropping in a v6....

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Fix the engine, get another V8 SHO engine or get a new SHO.

Unless ofcourse your current SHO has somthing making it worth keeping, like a rust free body with perfect interior or something along those lines.

Swapping a V8 engine to a V8 engine doesnt seem that bad at all, but like everyone else said, Swapping to a different engine will just be a huge pain in the ass.

But if your heart is set on it, go for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys. Problem is Us people on the other side of the world have to import all our parts from the US of A But I may have to do it yet if I want my car back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts