Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I went to a local u-pull-it junk yard last week. not only did I find an all black 91 SHO...BUT, right next to it, an 89 SHO. Same color and everything. So, needless to say, I stripped the 89 of its body kit and bumpers. I noticed that when I was taking the side skirts off that they were held on at the top by brackets that were actually bolted to the car. Now, my question..... What can I use to hold the top part onto my 88 that will hold really good? A buddy of mine suggested some bodykit tape hes got laying around. Would this be good enough or is there anything thats a bit stronger?

And the moron who runs the junk yard said that the front bumper wouldnt fit on mine.......guess I gotta go back up there soon and prove him wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
When I put mine on, I just drilled holes into the body and mounted them with self-anchoring screws. The bracket you are talking about had completely rusted off on mine. Double-sided tape will *help* to hold it on, don't rely on it.

Also, you should strip those cars for whatever you can... and then visit SHOforum or superhighoutput.com. :evil_grin:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not too crazy about drilling holes in my doors. Are the factory mouldings held on with adhesive, or screws behind them? How did you screw them on, did you screw on the inner part to the car (the flap that went into the brackets on the SHO)? I need to go back and rip a few more things out of that 89.....gauge cluster, etc.

·
Registered
2001 Ford Mustang. 2005 Harley Deluxe. 2016 Freightliber Cascadia.
326 Posts
Hey how much did all that stuff cost? Body kit and gauge cluster. Because if it ain't too much, I might ask ya to go strip the other SHO, as I really want a body kit and there are no SHO's in the junkyards around here. So that cancels out the cluster as well. At least I'd like to know how much the Cluster is. That is if you wouldn't mind.
If it's too much trouble though, it's all good I can udnerstand that. I just spent all day swapping the seats and carpet from car to car. Man took forever. Car looks SHARP inside though. Tomorrow I have to do the rear door panels(did the fronts last week) and then the headliner, and button everything up, and then I'm done until I get an SHO gauge cluster. Catch y'all later.

Michael

P.S. Pictures as soon as I can I promise, but hard to find someone with a digital cam. Might have to run the webcam outside tomorrow on the tripod and snap some that way.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just the kit alone (side skirts and bumpers) cost me $110 bucks. I still have to go back for the cluster. Maybe friday.

·
Registered
326 Posts
DUDE THATS HELLA CHEAP! I'd pay 110 for side skirts and bumpers. Wish my taxes were here wish my taxes were here. OOO OOO OOO

I bow to you for such a deal.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I was also wondering if you could do me a small favor too. If you revisit the junkyard, could you possibly see if there are any SHO Slicer center caps lying around? If so, I'd pay up to $10 or so for them (all 4 caps).

Don't bother if they charge any more though because it's not too big of a deal for me.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Since I probably won't get my state tax returns back for about a month, then I guess we can scratch the bodykit.
So hey you know. Oh well

Catch ya 'round
Michael

1 - 8 of 8 Posts