Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Nice to see everything coming along nicely, keep us informed. It's definitely gonna be sweet when it's done! :D

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Nice. I kinda like the G3 Sable's front over the Taurus front. What's that in the first pic? You gonna get rid of the blue oval when you get the front clip on? IIRC, there was a TCCA badge that you could order that will fit in the space where the blue oval is.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it was nice of them. The FORD emblem is going out, the Mercury Emblem is going to be in the middle.. you'll like it when it's done. There is a little BEND in the pass side sidemarker area... I'll take pics of it so you get what I mean... Other then that it's pretty cool. Im going to mount it in a little and see how it's going to look lowered and all.

Edit: Oh Im sorry Jedhead, shipping cost me about the same as I got the bumper for. $89 for the Bumper, and $89 for the Shipping. Not bad considering the bumper goes for about $3-500 new.

Sal

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Wow.. Sal, thats lookin great....your a quick worker too lol

Can't wait for daylight pics and when its all done and painted

Great job!

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the compliments, Im just going to have it on for a day. Then Im taking it all back off. I gotta get some things done on the bumper itself before I actually get it on. I also need a hood bad. I wish I had one now...lol Well all good things come with time. I'll primer the hood and bumper then add them on, but til then, all you see is all you get...

Thanks again guys.

SHOableSal

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Dude, your car can really be labeled Tauriffic!! Nice work, keep us posted and "WOW!!!" (jaw drops) Cool!!
Myk

·
Registered
394 Posts
This is gonna be so awesome! People are going to see your car from the front and say, "Here goes another SHO". Then, once they get a glimpse of the side and rear of you car, all you're going to see is :blink: then :jawdrop: and finally :bowdown: .

P.S. Has anybody else noticed that this project is turning into proof that the Gen 3 Taurus body kit at Andy's might fit a Sable with a few modifications?

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by PRLatinLoco@Sep 24 2004, 09:39 AM
P.S.  Has anybody else noticed that this project is turning into proof that the Gen 3 Taurus body kit at Andy's might fit a Sable with a few modifications?
Yeah, and it *might* fit a Taurus with a few modifications, too. :p

Besides, the SHO front end looks much better. :)

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by PRLatinLoco@Sep 24 2004, 09:39 AM
This is gonna be so awesome! People are going to see your car from the front and say, "Here goes another SHO". Then, once they get a glimpse of the side and rear of you car, all you're going to see is :blink: then :jawdrop: and finally :bowdown: .

P.S. Has anybody else noticed that this project is turning into proof that the Gen 3 Taurus body kit at Andy's might fit a Sable with a few modifications?
The front bumper will fit.....Rear does not have a chance (without alot of modification.)

Also glad you dont need a radiator support sal!

Brad

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Sal, you're now officially my hero! That looks great. I'm glad you're doing it, and it's going to look worlds better than the AAS kit, although you should get the side skirts on there with the door caps!

JR

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
First Brad and now you. You guys make me sick!!! :p ( Can I be your biotch??!!) ;) :p Tight work bro. You gonna get some slicers??? I have one question reguarding the rear bumper. Is it longer because there is more foam between the bumper and the cover or is it a hopeless case?

1 - 20 of 152 Posts