Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale
1999 SHO - No rust - undercar oiled yearly - brakes, starter and battery in last twelve months. Bought a new car and I want to keep my SHO but no room plus insurance costs. Overdrive stopped working twelve months ago but Automatic Transmission behaves OK in all other aspects. Car is amazing because it handles like a real sports car.

162000 miles with very low oil consumption (1 qt per 1300 miles)

$3800 at Toronto

647-801-4932 Jacob

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cams welded? Rear Struts? Oill Consumption?

I have never looked a the cams so don't really know if these are welded. I presumed that with this mileage it should have blown up before now if it wasn't welded. Out of curiosity what does it cost to get these welded?

I had a Toyota Celica which used a litre every 1200 miles and did so from day one till I sold it with 300,000 miles on the original never opened motor. That is why I thought the oil consumption was sort of low.

Re rear struts: The second owner (I am the third) told me the car had been 'lowered' and different rims were installed by the first owner. He could not tell me whether cams were welded but felt the same way - that if the motor had not blown up yet then probably OK. But re rear struts it may be a good idea but if it has anything to do with cornering and handling then this is simply a great handling big car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts