Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum. I am a Volvo performance tuner and pilot and have a 95 Taurus V6 3.0 auto tranny car I just picked up. I searched the archives and read many posts but did not find the answer I needed yet. Hopefully you all can lend some insight.

1) Turn signals only work when hazard switch is pressed. This is the one piece switch. I installed a new switch/stalk and it worked correct. After I reinstalled the column covers I tried it again and it was the same as the old switch. What happened and is this related to the next issue?

2)The brake lights do not work and the shifter will not come out of park. I replaced the pedal switch. The rectangle one the attaches over the round pin. Still no good. I then tested for power and found no power to the connector. Traced the wire back to a large group of connections on the driver side behind the dimmer switch area and there is no power there. Where do these 2 wires go after the large mess I cannot see past? Under the carpet? Into the fender and to the engine compartment? I did not want to rip up the car before asking as I am sure this is somewhat common. Is it a relay somewhere?

Thanks for the help all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My mechanic is working on the same problem (2), every time you touch the brake the fuse blows...I'll keep ya posted! Please do the same...it is one insane monster with all the wires...my guy came with the car when I bought it and specializes in electronics...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a short in the large yellow wire that supplys 12v to the bus bar on the fuse panel for fuse 1 and the a few others (Hazard, turn signal). I tried to find where the short was but after one hour on my back under the dash with 2 alarm systems spliced everywhere and a radio I gave up and just pulled a power supply from the door chime fuse pin to the bus bar so it now has power and everything works well. Thanks for the reply also.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Any more information on this? It sounds like your problem is solved. Unless there is any more input on this, I could move this to the common problems area.

-Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts