Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Shift Kit-urgent!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  crackhead 
#1 ·
Hey i got a 92 3.8L and i am havin the trani rebuilt for the 3rd time!!!! first time age..hehe... 2nd time, the shop forget to fix the trans pump and it seized up and locked it while i was driving....that was great.. third... no clue it just burned everything out completely.. Some of the problems could be a result of power stalls.. only a few.

Anyways, its gonna start getting worked on tommarrow i belive 6-18-04, technically today...So i need to know if and where i can get a shift kit for it.. or even if it will help. but i would need to be able to get it in about the next 24hrs or so...

- Thanks -Z-9-

#5 ·
Dont forget to add the tranny cooler the 3rd time around.

#6 ·
Well, I have an ultra cooler bolted on the front of the radiator.... the shop put it on because he thought the car didnt have a stock oil cooler...even though it does....so it was free...hehe...but I talked to a guy from the shop and said that kit wouldn't really do much, firmer yes, but i was more or less worried about prolonging this again... and since kits are for the clutch, but its my planetarys (sp)that are gettin destroyed....if anyone knows for sure what those are......

#7 ·
planetaries are the gears for the transmission from what i have read in the haydens book. the transgo kit will help with the lubing of the planetaries as well. the firmer shifts will also help keep the trany cool which will prevent glazing the clutches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.